Electopia Android OpenGL ES 2.0 Benchmark

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

It's a really great benchmark that looks really good and even has an interactive game mode like the older versions of 3dmark. IMHO it's miles away from GLBenchmark 2.0 in terms of what can be done with the current mGPUs.
I think it's from the creators of Ilomilo.
Here's the android market link, it's free.
electopia1.jpg

electopia2.jpg

Featurelist:
Electopia features high end features such as

•Particle Effects

•GPU skinned character animations

•Water surface rendering using normal maps

•Cube map reflection materials

•Projected Shadows

•Depth of Field post processing effect

•Bloom post processing effect

•48 000 average triangles per frame

The Future

We are planning to add a lot features to the Electopia benchmark in the future, these are just a few:

Breakdown of frame draw and benchmark options for:

•Fill Rate

•Pixel Shaders

•Vertex Shaders

•Shader particles

More customizable options

•Texture filtering

•Different vertex modes

CPU specific tests

It seems to be almost completely GPU-dependent. Here's a quick rundown on the benchmark results for various SoCs, that I've seen in the app comments and around other forums:
- OMAP34xx (Motorola Droid, SGX530 @ 110MHz): 5fps WVGA
- OMAP3630 (my Defy, SGX530 @ 200MHz): 10fps WVGA
- Hummingbird (Nexus S, SGX540 @ 200MHz): 17fps WVGA
- Hummingbird with Rys' special driver (Nexus S, SGX540 @ 200MHz): 19fps WVGA
- Exynos 4210 (Galaxy S II, Mali400 MP4 @ ??): 37fps WVGA
- MSM7230 (T-Mobile G2, Adreno 205 @ ??): 17fps WVGA
- Tegra 2 (Optimus 2X, Geforce ULV 2 @??): 16fps WVGA
- MSM7227-1 "Turbo" (Galaxy Ace, Adreno 200 @ ??): 10fps 480*320

Anyone willing to share their results?
Only the Galaxy S II and the Nexus S are using Gingerbread, which has supposedly better drivers, so I guess a performance update is due at least for that Tegra 2 score (which isn't looking so good right now).

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. With those polygon counts it probably isn't vertex shading or triangle bound on any of the platforms, and Mali-400MP4 can work its fragment advantage to the fullest.

It supports ARM11 devices after all, there's a Galaxy Ace with Adreno 200 score now (but it's rendering 60% less pixels than the WVGA devices).

Did anything change between this version and the original Windows Mobile 6.X version released in 2008? Cause it ran and still runs farily smoothly on the QSD8250 powered HTC HD2, Toshiba TG01 etc...

I think the SGX530 in the OMAP3630 actually runs at 192MHz, which would be just a small correction there.

Just had a quick go with drivers containing some upcoming optimisations (same kind of stuff I used for the ~3000 runs for GLB2 recently) on the Nexus S (SGX540 @ 200MHz), and I get 19.14fps.

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess the Optimus 3D with the OMAP4430 should score around 30fps (if it uses the updated driver), and the OMAP4460 should match the Exynos in this test.

If the test is memory bandwidth limited, the dual-channel LPDDR2 in Exynos may be playing an important part for that score. In that case, the OMAP4430 could be closer to Exynos than these estimations, and Tegra 3 may end up with disappointing results (single-channel memory controller).

Let's just wait and see what OMAP4460 really contains; I have severe doubts that the name change was just decorative.

Back