Duck Hunt, Wii Orchestra and EURO event Sept. 15 ?

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
I decided to just lump all this thing together, since I ddin't want to create 3 threads...

Wii Orchestra (new off-screen footage)
Duck Hunt (new off-screen footage)

and

Studious readers of this fine website will no doubt already be aware that Nintendo has scheduled a major event for September 14 in the US, with the official invite (which may or may not be in the hands of certain IGN staff as we write) stating, "Nintendo of America personally invites you to experience our upcoming line up with Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime".

Rumours are rife that this could well be the daddy of all Wii events with speculation suggesting that all will finally be revealed in terms of the console's price and release date. But what of us Europeans, we hear you ask? Well, adding further credence to a megatons-worth of revelation, a similar event is to be held in London the following day, Friday September 15.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/729/729634p1.html

It seems instead of being at TGS they are doing their own thing... I wonder why Nintendo doesn't go to TGS. I suppose it's good they are at least holding some sort of events.

Is MS going to be at TGS? or are they doing their own X06 thing? Or both?

They'll be there... Pretty much everyone but Nintendo goes to TGS every year. Nintendo used to have that spaceworld (iirc?) thing that they put on in place of TGS, but they canceled that a few years back ('02?) and never replaced it with anything.

They'll be there... Pretty much everyone but Nintendo goes to TGS every year. Nintendo used to have that spaceworld (iirc?) thing that they put on in place of TGS, but they canceled that a few years back ('02?) and never replaced it with anything.

The last spaceworld was in 2001. But even before that it wasn't an annual event, if i remember correctly. It probably grew to expensive. Anyway, it's more or less kind of a tradtion that Nintendo is not present at the TGS.
emot-iiam-1.gif

One thing that hits home on those Duck Hunt videos is that the Wiimote can do "mouse-like" movements... that is, it can move the cursor around the screen quickly with some precision, just like a mouse.

The Wiimote & nunchuck may do for console FPS what the keyboard & mouse did for PC fps... become the default choice of controller.

Back