Donations to the site

How much would you contribute?

• $100 a year, it's worth it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $25 a year.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • $10 a year.

• $10 once, if required for being able to post.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Let Dave seek some serious sponsoring!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Donations? NOT ME!

• Total voters

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
Do you want to? If donated enough, all those pesky advertising would be gone. And if plenty, it would give Dave a good incentive to spend more time on the site and content. Like, giving us all more stuff to post about!

I would pay $25 a year, if it doesn't require a credit card. (Actually, even if it would, but I would have to get one first. I probably will anyway, but I would rather use a different method of paying.)

Last edited by a moderator:
DiGuru said:
Do you want to? If donated enough, all those pesky advertising would be gone. And if plenty, it would give Dave a good incentive to spend more time on the site and content. Like, giving us all more stuff to post about!
Er, if Dave's still going to be running it, why doesn't ATI pay for it? :LOL:

If you would have to pay, what would be the consequences? I think browsing should be allowed for everyone. Should posting be? And, as epic posted, would extra options for people who pay be acceptable? Depending on the size of the donation? And if so, do you need a subscription and pay every year or even month?

i'd be willing to donate. but i don't think people that do donate should get anything substancial. that is, i think everyone should have the ability to post, gain and lose reputaion and gain its benefits (PM's, editing posts, ect). maybe give the ability to have longer sigs, or custom colors for names to those who donate.

Btw, for sponsors, which ones would be appropriate? Certainly not ATi or nVidia, unless they both paid the same amount!

How about asking developers to contribute if the info found here helped them in their project? And optional forums, like buy/sell and jobs, posting only allowed to paying members?

And, (this one is a bit nasty), not allowing people who don't contribute to post in the harder forums, like the console ones?

Edit: and how about a commercial forum, where spam for products is allowed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd gladly pay if I can, when I can, but there's so many good websites that ask for contributions these days. A person can only contribute so much before they can't eat come the end of the month (and especially this person I might add).

Back