Dirty tricks in graphics

Ah, thanks Davros. I didn't understand from where you were coming from with your question. :LOL:

There's no "HAWX DX10.exe" or some such in the binaries where the HAWX exe is? You might have to reinstall it in Vista to get dx10 then I'm afraid. :(

Well that one isn't too surprising. Who knows whether the aging Ageia PPU is still capable of whatever changes Nvidia may (or may not) have made to PhysX. If it's all CUDA now and the legacy Ageia PPU code has been ditched, then it may not be possible. Or if all new features are CUDA only.

Hard to hold that one against them without more knowing whether the PPU actually is capable or not. Is there way to trick the driver to test it?

Regards,
SB

That's a nice spin to the problem that CUDA PhysX still doesn't accelerate all PPU functions.

All the newer games steer clear of rigid body simulations so the speed difference between CUDA and PPU seems a bit less now, but you keep wondering why "PhysX" seems to be limited to cloth and particles.

Last edited by a moderator:
@digi
the xp shortcut for hawx is H:\Games\Hawx\HAWX.exe
there is a H:\Games\Hawx\Support\GameUpdater\GU_DX9\GU.exe
and a H:\Games\Hawx\Support\GameUpdater\GU_DX10\GU.exe

but clicking on either of those just gives an error

@digi
the xp shortcut for hawx is H:\Games\Hawx\HAWX.exe
there is a H:\Games\Hawx\Support\GameUpdater\GU_DX9\GU.exe
and a H:\Games\Hawx\Support\GameUpdater\GU_DX10\GU.exe

but clicking on either of those just gives an error
Missing reg keys?

Yeah, probably. Sounds like you need to reinstall, but if you want to keep your XP of the install healthy I'd just install it on top of the old one.

Might work. 80-20, 60-40, something like that. :p

Yeah, probably. Sounds like you need to reinstall, but if you want to keep your XP of the install healthy I'd just install it on top of the old one.

Might work. 80-20, 60-40, something like that. :p

If you run Vista64 (like you should) you wouldn't have that problem since it installs in different locations anyway.

Dual booting single installs seem to be hell for games, especially once you've got some drm infected stuffs on your machine.

Back