Dino Crises 3 might smack the visual ass off RE

AFAIR the original Dino Crisis was full 3d (background and characters), but Dino Crisis 2 had prerenderd backgrounds/fixed camera ala Resident Evil.

Really? I tought they were all real time. I could have sworn it was realtime. You are right though it uses prerendered backgrounds.

I remember both games being quite different on the gameplay side of things too.

I bet it would be. This is still off the original topic though :D.

I really would not want to compare RE:RB (wtf does RB mean) and Dinocrisis 3. Considering that we would be comparing prerendered to on-the-fly rendering. Mainly because I wouldn't be sure of what we are comparing. The backgrounds? The character models? The amount of polys on the screen? What?

The backgrounds you can compare by looking at them and saying which one is more pleasing to look at, but from a polygon standpoint, RE looks like it would have less polys on the screen at once. It's hard to compare the character models, as they are both pretty smooth looking.

Legion,

what RE are you comparing DC3 to? I haven't seen a post where you specifically stated which game in the series your comparing it to. I'm assuming RE:RB, but all I've seen you post is what your NOT comparing it to.

Peppermonkey said:
I really would not want to compare RE:RB (wtf does RB mean) and Dinocrisis 3. Considering that we would be comparing prerendered to on-the-fly rendering. Mainly because I wouldn't be sure of what we are comparing. The backgrounds? The character models? The amount of polys on the screen? What?

Definately the realtime objects. It wouldn't make sense to compare anything to the prerenders.

Legion,

what RE are you comparing DC3 to? I haven't seen a post where you specifically stated which game in the series your comparing it to. I'm assuming RE:RB, but all I've seen you post is what your NOT comparing it to.

Would i compare it to CV? No.
Would i compare it to RE on PSX? No.
Would i compare it RE:4? No, its still looking alpha
Would i compare it the the RE shooter series? No.
Would i compare it to the GB RE? No.
Would i compare it to RE0? If i had wanted to i would have said RE:0.

That doesn't leave much does it?

What a poor troll you are legion

So does the final version of Metroid Prime

But then again, do you see threads about MP smacking RE in visuals ? Nope, Dont troll either ozy, you should know better.

DC3 looks good, but if you're going to compare it to another title such as RE, RE4 more specificly, dont expect this forum to just nod at you without picking everything apart of DC3. Circle shadows are there, yes its a flaw to pick on. You created this thread and even had the irony to say "dont troll" to the posters.. ha!

But of course, you'll pull off the card that says you werent comparing them :rolleyes:

Backpedaling at its finest

oh and about the screenshot i posted, it was the only batch of screenshots available until this one, so which could i take to compare? You dismiss these screenshots for poor quality yet you didnt hesitate to take POORLY scanned screenshots and compare them with another title. If they were alpha, then they obviously scratched their ballz for a long time at capcom cause these new screenshots over than the capture quality arent that much different.

But then again, do you see threads about MP smacking RE in visuals ? Nope, Dont troll either ozy, you should know better.

So my opinion is trolling? I am sure people here have said that MP is the best looking GC title. Is that trolling? Its opinion. How am i trolling? Why are you trying to turn my statements around into a xbox vs gc argument. I said nothing of the sort.

DC3 looks good, but if you're going to compare it to another title such as RE, RE4 more specificly, dont expect this forum to just nod at you without picking everything apart of DC3. Circle shadows are there, yes its a flaw to pick on. You created this thread and even had the irony to say "dont troll" to the posters.. ha!

Did i say RE4? I said specifically ( and you can it said again and again) RE:RB.

Again with the circle shadows....who said they were good or bad? It appears you are trolling more than i am.

Did i claim that RE look bad? No.
Did i claim that DC3 is better because it is on xbox? No.

stop trying to put words in my mouth.

[/quote]But of course, you'll pull off the card that says you werent comparing them :rolleyes:

Backpedaling at its finest[/quote]

no this is the pot calling the kettle back.

oh and about the screenshot i posted, it was the only batch of screenshots available until this one,

that is understandable. No one was penalizing you for that.

so which could i take to compare? You dismiss these screenshots for poor quality yet you didnt hesitate to take POORLY scanned screenshots and compare them with another title.

what are you talking about? What screen shots did i post?

If they were alpha, then they obviously scratched their ballz for a long time at capcom cause these new screenshots over than the capture quality arent that much different.

Except lighting which is obvious. Those captures are indeed much better. it also appears bump mapping is being used.

Legion said:

So my opinion is trolling? I am sure people here have said that MP is the best looking GC title. Is that trolling? Its opinion. How am i trolling? Why are you trying to turn my statements around into a xbox vs gc argument. I said nothing of the sort.

You missed his point, saying Metroid Prime is the best looking GCN game is opinion, but saying Metroid Prime smacks RE silly in visuals IS an attack on RE, because frankly it doesn't "smack" it around at all... until you consider that Prime is all realtime comparing favourably to RE's prerendered goodness. But that goes more into the technical merit than actual appearance...

You missed his point, saying Metroid Prime is the best looking GCN game is opinion, but saying Metroid Prime smacks RE silly in visuals IS an attack on RE, because frankly it doesn't "smack" it around at all... until you consider that Prime is all realtime comparing favourably to RE's prerendered goodness. But that goes more into the technical merit than actual appearance...

OK i think you missed the point. This isn't an attack on anything. I think you all seriously need to chill out and stop trying to tell me what my intentions were.

Tang again i said MIGHT. No one was comparing MP to anything. Honestly, the use of MP isn't even a good anology Tang.

You the one who didn't make it clearly. Like everyone else said, you didn't specify which RE you were comparing it to. RE4 is the best looking RE so far and it is real-time, which would lead everyone to believe it's the one you are refering to when looking at the title of this thread.

Legion said:

OK i think you missed the point. This isn't an attack on anything. I think you all seriously need to chill out and stop trying to tell me what my intentions were.

Tang again i said MIGHT. No one was comparing MP to anything. Honestly, the use of MP isn't even a good anology Tang.

Hey, all I did was pop in for a quick and obvious clarification on something you didn't seem to understand about what was said. I don't see how I need to chill out, I really didn't say anything scathing or anything. And besides that, I didn't even bring up MP... again all I did was make a small correction. I think you're the one who needs to chill out.

And please note that the 'n' in my name is after the 'g'... :)

hmm i didn't bother reading all the junk above, just skimmed through some

IMO
the visuals of DC3 looks good, nothing major impressive there (maybe because it looks so similar to GunValkyrie), and RE4 looks a bit better

but then again like Legion has pointed out, all RE4 shots so far only shows the main character, while almost all DC3 shots have a big detailed dino or even several big detailed dinos on screen with the main character

and
gamespot have a new video of DC3, go check it out and report back
i can't because i'm not GS complete member and i can't stream the thing

-aneep-

Well I think it goes without mention that RE4 will also have bosses as well as enemies even though the current screenshots don't contain any. Only a fool would bring up the absence of such characters onscreen in the RE4 shots to somehow try to prove a moot point. BTW this isn't in response to aneep, but rather the foolish comments made by the thread starter :rolleyes:

According to this foolish logic, when enemies are incorporated into RE4, the environmental detail has to be lowered otherwise everything will just bog down or better yet all the enemies will be invisible in the final build of RE4. :oops:

Smells like elementary school logic ;)

this thread is hilarious.

The only ass smackin I see here is an xbot getting taken to school ;)

DC looks okay, but nothing close to REmake, RE0, or RE4 in the "visuals" department.

Quaid said:

I agree with that !

I would like to see Legion and friends of his on this forum stop explaining that every single game on Xbox is superior to any on PS2 or GCN !! (or that every single hardware component on Xbox to PS2 and GCN)

Oh yes, they usually don't say Xbox games are better (but it's on their mouthes) ... but they claim they are much more well looking.

Very often, they compare what should not be compared !

Simple thing to say is :
Is there a FPS as good as Halo on PS2 and GCN ?
Is there a shooter as good as SWRL on Xbox and PS2 ?
Is there a RPG as good as FF on Xbox and GCN ?

To come back to what he said : IMO, there is no Survival Horror near as good as the RE published on GCN on Xbox and PS2.

To me, even SH has not the general quality of these games ...

DC series are little brother to RE (which make them cool games), and the last one (DC3) does not seem to have a finger of the research in art direction that appears to be in RE4.

Don't you agree with that ?

Bye.

Quaid said:

The only ass smackin I see here is an xbot getting taken to school ;)

DC looks okay, but nothing close to REmake, RE0, or RE4 in the "<b>visuals</b>" department.

while i agree that Re4 looks better, i defintely don't agree with 'nothing close'

RE0 and RERB shouldn't be included if the comparison is technical in nature (aesthetic comparison yes)

come on, be objective here, other than the crappy shadow in DC3, and the generic art direction, it looks quite close

-aneep-

I really would like to have some more high quality screenshots if I wanted to compare RE4 to DC3. Especially since we have yet to see a monster in RE4.

As far as comparing RE:RB to DC3. I do not like comparing games with prerendered graphics to games with completely realtime graphics. I personally would prefer realtime graphics mainly because it seems to make the game play smoother (transitions between different prerendered screens tend to have some weird lag in them). Also I feel that I'm more "in" the game when all the graphics are realtime.

I'm not saying I dislike prerendered graphics, I'm just saying I like realtime better right now. (this only applies to this generation, since the last generation would've looked really bad without prerendered stuff)

Back