Dino Crises 3 might smack the visual ass off RE

Legion said:
My dear, do you not noticed the question marks after every RE games i typed in? I learned from school that ending a sentence with a question mark means you are asking a question, no? :oops:

Don't be obtuse. Why the hell would i compared DC3 to the PSX REs or CV? IF you have any common sense it ought to be clear which RE i am comparing this title to; RE:RB for GC.

Sorreeeee, i dont do mind reading. :cry:

And why do you need to compare RE:RB? Why not RE0?
Do you seriously think DC3 realtime visuals will match the high quality CG backgrounds of RB? :oops:

Ozymandis said:
chap said:
The latest screenshots Ozy posted still has circle shadows. :oops:

So does the final version of Metroid Prime :LOL:

Who the fuck cares? I was just pointing out to Legion about his pre-alpha talk. :oops:

And why do you need to compare RE:RB? Why not RE0?
Do you seriously think DC3 realtime visuals will match the high quality CG backgrounds of RB? :oops:

If you want to compare DC3 to RE:0 YOU can. I wasn't. I haven't seen much of it.

high quality prerendered backgrounds? I am sure if they wanted to they could make some nice prerendered backgrounds and stick them in the DC3. They most likely won't as DC titles were never fixed camera games.

chap said:
Ozymandis said:
chap said:
The latest screenshots Ozy posted still has circle shadows. :oops:

So does the final version of Metroid Prime :LOL:

Who the fuck cares? I was just pointing out to Legion about his pre-alpha talk. :oops:

dude you were the one that mentioned the circle shadows. You are right WHO CARES? They might change it they might not. Don't mock DC3 for circle shadows when your beloved MP has them to Chap.

Legion said:
dude you were the one that mentioned the circle shadows. You are right WHO CARES? They might change it they might not. Don't mock DC3 for circle shadows when your beloved MP has them to Chap.

I seriously hope you re-read this topic. :oops:

If you are still having trouble understanding...
You said the shot Cyborg posted is some pre alpha shot and i just merely pointed out that the latest DC3 shots still have circle shadows. :oops:

Legion said:
If you want to compare DC3 to RE:0 YOU can. I wasn't. I haven't seen much of it.

high quality prerendered backgrounds? I am sure if they wanted to they could make some nice prerendered backgrounds and stick them in the DC3. They most likely won't as DC titles were never fixed camera games.

Yes they could, but they didnt. They chose realtime and thats that.
I am having serious doubts that DC realtime visuals could smack the CG backgrounds of RE:RB. :oops:

chap said:
Legion said:

I seriously hope you re-read this topic. :oops:

If you are still having trouble understanding...
You said the shot Cyborg posted is some pre alpha shot and i just merely pointed out that the latest DC3 shots still have circle shadows. :oops:

:rolleyes: There are a hell of a more lot more graphical features to each game then their shadows. I can't imagine you'd think RE's shadows make it graphically superior to other titles. IF so wouldn't it also be superior to MP?:rolleyes:

here is what i said

Cyborg that screenshot is extremely old. ITs probably from an alpha version of sorts.

did i mention circle shadows? I can't even see shadows in the version he posted a picture of. Its clearly incomplete. What i was stating is that the version is incomplete CHAP. I wasn't stating whether or not circle shadows were bad. I was implying it is possible they may rework the shadow system they have an insert something other than circle shadows.

chap said:
Legion said:

Yes they could, but they didnt. They chose realtime and thats that.
I am having serious doubts that DC realtime visuals could smack the CG backgrounds of RE:RB. :oops:

??? why would they? DC has never played like that. I don't condersider prerendered backgrounds anything special. Why would you? Do you think the other systems couldn't handle prerendered backgrounds? You can't compare the realtime to PRERENDERED backgrounds. They are nothing more than static images in some cases and animations in others - nothing special.

There are a hell of a more lot more graphical features to each game then their shadows. I can't imagine you'd think RE's shadows make it graphically superior to other titles. IF so wouldn't it also be superior to MP?

Yes, i know and i don't give a fuck about circle shadows or not.
Just pointing out things.

did i mention circle shadows? I can't even see shadows in the version he posted a picture of.

The major point in Cyborg post was the shadows, and since you replied to him with the pre alpha thingmajigg....Hey, i dont read people minds. :oops:

Its clearly incomplete. What i was stating is that the version is incomplete CHAP

I knew that. 40% done only. :oops:

I wasn't stating whether or not circle shadows were bad. I was implying it is possible they may rework the shadow system they have an insert something other than circle shadows.

See, you are talking about shadows now. :oops:

Legion said:
??? why would they? DC has never played like that. I don't condersider prerendered backgrounds anything special. Why would you? Do you think the other systems couldn't handle prerendered backgrounds? You can't compare the realtime to PRERENDERED backgrounds. They are nothing more than static images in some cases and animations in others - nothing special.

But...but...you said that DC3 might smack the visual ass off RE:RB... :cry:

Yes, i know and i don't give a fuck about circle shadows or not.
Just pointing out things.

Ok. Yes they are are there. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Do you want a cookie now? It sounded to me as though you were implying there is something wrong with circle shadows.

The major point in Cyborg post was the shadows, and since you replied to him with the pre alpha thingmajigg....Hey, i dont read people minds. :oops:

Look at the picture he posted. The shadowing was hardly there at all. It was clearly from an incomplete version. That is all i was stating.

I knew that. 40% done only. :oops:

I don't think his pic is from anything that was 40% done. It seems to be lacking quite a bit when compared to these updated picks ozzy posted.

See, you are talking about shadows now. :oops:

:rolleyes: Because you brought it up.

These PRERENDERS are nothing special. DC just tries to be more interactive. Thats all.

Nothing special but they will not have their ass smack with DC3 realtime visuals.

End of topic.
Have a nice day. :oops:

chap said:
These PRERENDERS are nothing special. DC just tries to be more interactive. Thats all.

Nothing special but they will not have their ass smack with DC3 realtime visuals.

End of topic.
Have a nice day. :oops:

CHAP stop being obtuse. They are pictures or animations. Again nothing special. I know you have trouble admitting it. But its probably more difficult to utilize more polygons on screen then prerenders ;)

CHAP stop being obtuse. They are pictures or animations. Again nothing special. I know you have trouble admitting it. But its probably more difficult to utilize more polygons on screen then prerenders

Oh boy. :cry: God save this lost soul.

Topic title reads: Dino Crises 3 might smack the visual ass off RE

You need to have a better defination for your term: visual.

I am out of this topic. :oops:

chap said:
CHAP stop being obtuse. They are pictures or animations. Again nothing special. I know you have trouble admitting it. But its probably more difficult to utilize more polygons on screen then prerenders

Oh boy. :cry: God save this lost soul.

Topic title reads: Dino Crises 3 might smack the visual ass off RE

You need to have a better defination for your term: visual.

I am out of this topic. :oops:

:rolleyes: perhaps i should have compred RE to myst 3 :rolleyes: :LOL:

Hi Legion,

AFAIR the original Dino Crisis was full 3d (background and characters), but Dino Crisis 2 had prerenderd backgrounds/fixed camera ala Resident Evil.

I remember both games being quite different on the gameplay side of things too.

Back