Dead Island 2

Probably also don't want it to complete with the relatively new and very similar dying light.

It's a pity but with Dyling Light around I couldn't see them releasing it anytime soon anyway.

Especially considering Dying Light was actually made by the developer of Dead Island? It really was Dead Island 2 in everything but the name, as far as I can tell.

The early promos for DI2 looked interesting, but looked nothing like DI and more like Dead Rising. If I recall correctly, DI went through the same thing with either a developer shift or an entirely redesigned game when it came out as well. I guess Deep Silver doesn't have any problem totally redesigning a game in mid development if it isn't shaping up to what they think will be successful.

In this case, no stories but just a bunch of random 'events' was going to be quite odd. As was the fact that they had to go to extreme lengths to justify calling it "Dead Island 2" when it takes place in California.

Hopefully they'll be able to keep a bunch of the assets and actually come around to making a DI2 game. The Co-Op, RPG, and crafting elements were great. Turning it into a big comedic zombie B-movie joke game was the course anyway. DI1 was quite difficult and suspenseful, especially through the first half or 1/3 of the game. (Aided by game play elements that certain people disliked such as weapon fatigue)

Back