Déjà vu: PC Borderlands 2 won't suck

Are you sure the poor performance on AMD GPUs was never fixed? I understand performance was poor on AMD cards when the game was released, which is (or at least was) not so uncommon for AMD hardware, but I thought it was resolved fairly quickly.

PhysX likely isn't going to add a whole lot to the experience so I wouldn't count its inclusion as a reason not to buy the game if you have AMD hardware.

It was resolved via AMD driver updates. Physx doesn't really mean anything in terms of overall performance. IIRC, for a time Arkham Asylum worked better on AMD cards than Nvidia ones.

Not having played the first one, can anyone describe me how the game plays like in multiplayer ?
(I don't intend to play it solo at all.)
What games is it similar to, what about the pace, is it boring/are you weak before gaining levels ?

Think Hellgate: London but more FPS and less RPG. Assuming you played Hellgate: London. :D

If not, then think of Diablo or Guild Wars (but not GW2 as it's limited player slots), except in first person. Again with more FPS/action and less RPG.

Regards,
SB

If Rage and Torchlight got married, Borderlands would be the result after 9 months

It was resolved via AMD driver updates. Physx doesn't really mean anything in terms of overall performance. IIRC, for a time Arkham Asylum worked better on AMD cards than Nvidia ones.

I remember Catalyst 10.7-8 had a memory leak that caused the game to freeze (or crash) after a time. ;) It would sort of slow down and then freeze suddenly. Alt Tabbing and coming back would sometimes get it going again. Task manager would show the game using 3GB RAM, I think I remember.

Then I'd be wrong about AA. :p

Anyway does anyone know the same of the song in the opening holy fuuuuuuuuuck it is good!

Although they demoed BL2 on PCs with controllers, they must have been using low resolutions in those videos so as not to upset the console people. The game looks much better in 1920x1080 than anything on those vids.

Level cap increases today. I'll see you guys in a couple weeks.

Come join Dresden and I in our quest for sweet, sweet loot.

Aww fuck yeah the update is live... if only Remote Desktop were good enough to stream this legendary lootfest to my office PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is awesome. Like....I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is when I bought it. But it is. It's also pretty damn funny. I really dig the cast of characters and all their quirks. Homer can vouch for me, that I've frequently quoted Mr. Torque during our late night loot-fests.

And by loot-fests I mean Homer reviving me every six to nine seconds because True Vault Hunter mode eclipses normal in it's difficulty.

As he stated earlier, there's a pretty sizable patch today increasing the level cap and reintroducing Pearlescent weapons. Also, I read E-Tech is making a comeback, but only with relics.

That sentence had too many syllables. APOLOGIZE!!

But seriously, the real question is

EXPLOSIONS!?

I beat The Warrior on True Vault Hunter mode the other day. It's pretty difficult to do by yourself, because if you die he regenerates all his health, whereas if you're playing with other people you all have to die at the same time for that to happen.

So now I'm into Ultimate Vault Hunter mode and I have to say it is brutally difficult.

This is the best single player/coop game I've played in years. I seriously wish they would up the drop rates for good loot though. Like, at least double the rate for Legendary drops. I have over 300 hours into the game and have seen 4 legendary drops...

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is impossible with only 1 person. Dresden get your level on...

So has anyone compared DX9 vs DX11 (forced via ini) from what i can see, water looks better and the sky/lightshafts look better. That said i haven't actually compared.

Loot Hunt started today. Kill a specific target each day to get the special weapon then the community kills a certain amount of specific enemy with that weapon to fulfill the daily reward. Real world cash and electronics prizes is pretty cool.

www.borderlands2loothunt.com

Back