Connection problem?

rockfish

Newcomer
Hi,I have a internet connection problem where I can not connect to the internet at all also that, ive just repaird my pc with a new MotherBoard etc.

The motherboard is a Giga-byte 8S661FXMP-RZ whitch is a replacement for my other motherboard that was broken :LOL: anyway I use Cable broadband and with my Ethernet wire plugged it into my laptop and the internet worked fine but i would like to use the internet on my pc instead.

I used the correct drivers for my Ethernet Adaper(Lan) but all i get is this icon on the bottom right hand side with 2 small screens and flashing yellow dots saying something like this''acquirning network address''.

but after a few min's i get this messege ''Limited or no Connectivity-You might not be able to access the internet or some network resoursces. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer. I dont know what to do now, so can somebody out there help me please?

thanks Rockfish..

your cable might be limited to a single MAC address. Pull the power cable out of your modem, make sure you PC is plugged into the back of the modem, and wait about 5 minutes.

Turn the modem back on, and it should be fine.

I use (UK) Telewest cable and have the same issue.

Ali

Back