Condemned Demo Is Now Available On XBL Marketplace

Condemned is a great launch title, PDZ is ok SP, but MP is where it's at; Kameo is nice to look at; COD2 is ok SP, feels just like COD1, MP is hilarious but it's a bit of a pain and lag is unhearable sometimes.

But Condemned SP is really good. The graphics imo is a polished FEAR and I love the focus on melee. The thing I love is how the flashlight has unlimited power (pretty much it should always be, I mean, why does it have to F***ing recharge!) However some parts of the game feel cliche from the FEAR SP but not too much. I think I read somewhere the game takes place in the same universe but that might just be my impression.

I think Condemned is coming to PC next year but I enjoyed it on the 360! Cool it's a Demo now. There's not too many demos on the 360, things might get interesting if they release prerelease demos down the line.

Yeah I can say my expectations for next gen hardware has changed for the better. 600mb Online playable Demo on a console for free in less than 20 min.

All I can say...LIVE rules! Now, I can try these games in the comfort of my home, instead of relying on magazine/tv reviews.

Now, only if they update the dashboard to allow downloading queueing and auto shutoff afterward...sigh...

TrungGap said:
Now, only if they update the dashboard to allow downloading queueing and auto shutoff afterward...sigh...

I was thinking the same thing, or at least let you play an arcade game while they download

Or at least use the friends list..

But I recomend the Condemend demo to anyone with even the slightest interest. I have beat the full game and am half way though it for the second time, its quality all the way though and the showcase title for the 360 as far as I am conserned.

The Condemned demo may have impressed me enough to buy it, although I'm still hesitating. It's very expensive here (70€).

Condemened's surround sound is a bit too direct for my tastes, like when you walk the sound of your foot leaving the ground comes totally out the back speakers instead of blending with the other speakers to make it sound more natural. But a lot of games have that issue and it is a very minor nitpick, besides the effect does add tention as you are constantly wondering if you are just hearing your own footsteps or if there is some violently delusinal vagrent with coming up behind you to beat your head in with a big metal desk drawer. :p

I just got my Xbox 360 this morning at Walmart! Damn have I been impressed. Got it with PDZ which is amazing. I just downloaded the Condemned Demo earlier. Had a blast with it, I forgot it was the demo and not the game!! I was like DAMN i gotta buy this!

Visually Condemened does all the things a x360 is supposed. Rock solid framerate, nice lighting, AA everywhere, terrific textures...

blakjedi said:
Visually Condemened does all the things a x360 is supposed. Rock solid framerate, nice lighting, AA everywhere, terrific textures...

Would you say it's one of the top three best looking 360 games released?

Last night i finished the 3rd chapter and i believe that it is one of the 3-4 best launch games.
Its everything i expexted from a next-gen (psychological) horror game.
And -thanks god- it has 4XAA in contrast with PDO of which jaggies is also a kind of psychological horror. :LOL:

groper said:
Its everything i expexted from a next-gen (psychological) horror game.
And -thanks god- it has 4XAA in contrast with PDO of which jaggies is also a kind of psychological horror. :LOL:

Now that's funny.

mckmas8808 said:
Would you say it's one of the top three best looking 360 games released?

Tough call, it still has that PC look.

Kameo stands out, Madden stands out, PGR is pretty nice, INBA Live is pretty good, 'd say condemned is 3rd or 4th depending on how much you like PGR or NBA.

Back