Clientcopia

There was some fun Stupid Questions there, but...

IMO there's a big difference between stupidity and ignorance, and I really don't think people should be blamed for being ignorant about others profession. In fact, a professional that misslabel someones ignorance as stupidity is the one that look most stupid in my eyes. They should be able to "decode" non-techie speak better than many of those quotes.

Quite a few of those quotes made the "wrong" side look rather dumb.

Clientcopia.com said:
A recent client my company got.
Client: "We want a website that can play DVD quality video, but we don't want to use streaming video and the load time must be zero."

Designer: "That's impossible. Everything has a load time. DVD quality runs about 100 megs a minute."

Client: "We'll take our business elsewhere..."

O.M.G.... :eek:

BlueTsunami said:
Clientcopia.com said:
A recent client my company got.
Client: "We want a website that can play DVD quality video, but we don't want to use streaming video and the load time must be zero."

Designer: "That's impossible. Everything has a load time. DVD quality runs about 100 megs a minute."

Client: "We'll take our business elsewhere..."

O.M.G.... :eek:

That's actually fairly normal reasoning for managers of big companies, unfortunately...

On the TOP20, only a few of thoses anecdotes are actually funny...

Basic said:
IMO there's a big difference between stupidity and ignorance, and I really don't think people should be blamed for being ignorant about others profession. In fact, a professional that misslabel someones ignorance as stupidity is the one that look most stupid in my eyes. They should be able to "decode" non-techie speak better than many of those quotes.

Quite a few of those quotes made the "wrong" side look rather dumb.

I agree completely... the funniest ones on clientcopia IMO are the ones where the "wrong" person thinks they know what they talk about, and demands/threatens when the "right" person says, "uh... that's not going to work." That's a mixture of ignorance and stupidity :]

Back