Censored ads from Sun

_xxx_ said:
Hilarious stuff, here :LOL:

Is that real?!

When someone resorts to name calling, it means they're really desperate for attention. Unsurprisingly really since Dell sell a lot more than them.

Sorry for not being SUN-friendly but i have to use SUN at work for accounting and really, anyone who went through it will understand my utter hate for them.

I bet it's a calculated marketing ploy to make the upcoming 20something unix admins think they are "hip". :)

Nite_Hawk

_xxx_ said:
:rolleyes:
It's on SUN's own website, Thomas. You may also want to take a look at "Approved adds", which ARE in the press everywhere.

hmmm, not a smart move on Sun's part. But then I like risky moves.

london-boy said:
Sorry for not being SUN-friendly but i have to use SUN at work for accounting and really, anyone who went through it will understand my utter hate for them.

No, they won't.
What are your reasons?
Solaris is a good OS.
(note: I am a Sun SE, so I do actually care about your reasons for disliking them)

Althornin said:
No, they won't.
What are your reasons?
Solaris is a good OS.
(note: I am a Sun SE, so I do actually care about your reasons for disliking them)

I use Sun 4.2.6 for accounting and let's just say it does what it's there to do. Very user unfriendly and very unimaginative, but then again, it's there for accounting, not to look pretty. I just hate the interface, and many people around here do as well. :smile:

hmm.. its called the fire something and they say it's no wonder a dell that rhymes with hell runs hot :???:

london-boy said:
I use Sun 4.2.6 for accounting and let's just say it does what it's there to do. Very user unfriendly and very unimaginative, but then again, it's there for accounting, not to look pretty. I just hate the interface, and many people around here do as well. :smile:
Sun 4.2.6????
What application is that?

Only thing I can figure is that you might mean you are using SunOS 4.2.6 - but if so, basing your opinion of a company on an extremely outdated and old OS is...strange, to say the least.
And what does the OS have to do with your accounting application?

Althornin said:
Only thing I can figure is that you might mean you are using SunOS 4.2.6 - but if so, basing your opinion of a company on an extremely outdated and old OS is...strange, to say the least.
And what does the OS have to do with your accounting application?

I'm not using a SUN OS!
I said the accounting application i use, made by Sun Microsystems - probably because our servers in Singapore are on SUN - is dreadful. I never mentioned a Sun OS :smile:

Althornin said:
Lol, so basically, your opinion is baseless.

Well as i said, i never once mentioned Sun OS or whatever. This is my first post about this:

I use Sun 4.2.6 for accounting and let's just say it does what it's there to do. Very user unfriendly and very unimaginative, but then again, it's there for accounting, not to look pretty. I just hate the interface, and many people around here do as well.

london-boy said:
I'm not using a SUN OS!
I said the accounting application i use, made by Sun Microsystems - probably because our servers in Singapore are on SUN - is dreadful. I never mentioned a Sun OS :smile:
Ok.
I guess one application (I know nothing about it, btw, so i don't know if that app is really old, cause i can find zero info on it) makes a whole company shit.

Thanks.

Microsoft sucks because notepad has crappy functionality (When being used by a mjor newspaper as their layout software), by that logic.

Damn, sorry if i thread hijacked and got all defensive sounding, but this kind of loose characterization really bothers me. You form an opinion without any supporting evidence! You don't know why the app is that way - could be really old, in which case, blame your company for not updating. See what I mean? Gah.

Althornin said:
Ok.
I guess one application (I know nothing about it, btw, so i don't know if that app is really old, cause i can find zero info on it) makes a whole company shit.

Thanks.

Microsoft sucks because notepad has crappy functionality (When being used by a mjor newspaper as their layout software), by that logic.

Damn, sorry if i thread hijacked and got all defensive sounding, but this kind of loose characterization really bothers me. You form an opinion without any supporting evidence! You don't know why the app is that way - could be really old, in which case, blame your company for not updating. See what I mean? Gah.

Getting defensive are we? I didn't say Sun sucks (check my posts). I just said i'm not very Sun-friendly cause the app i use, made by them, isn't very friendly to me. :LOL:
In fact i think Sun is a great company!

Back