CELL and Security

nAo

Nutella Nutellae
Veteran
Here a new patent application:
Security architecture for system on chip
The present invention provides for authenticating code and/or data and providing a protected environment for execution. The present invention provides for dynamically partitioning and un-partitioning a local store for the authentication of code or data. The local store is partitioned into an isolated and non-isolated section. Code or data is loaded into the isolated section. The code or data is authenticated in the isolated section of the local store. After authentication, the code is executed. After execution, the memory within the isolated region of the attached processor unit is erased, and the attached processor unit de-partitions the isolated section within the local store.

ciao,
Marco

No. Scary patent! Ugh!

Makes me think of the day we have to log in to a central server to use our own home computers, with "the man" looking at everything we do, all the mails we send, all the programs we run etc. The day we'll be docked ten cents each time winamp plays a music file and two bucks each time powerdvd plays a movie...

Guden Oden said:
No. Scary patent! Ugh!

Makes me think of the day we have to log in to a central server to use our own home computers, with "the man" looking at everything we do, all the mails we send, all the programs we run etc. The day we'll be docked ten cents each time winamp plays a music file and two bucks each time powerdvd plays a movie...

You`d find it more scarierer if you are connected to the net and someone else could run Programs on your PS3.

Guden Oden said:
No. Scary patent! Ugh!

You`d find it more scarierer if you are connected to the net and someone else could run Programs on your PS3.

Back