cd-player problems

weaksauce

Regular
I've got a DENON DCM-450 and it's an old CD-player with a 6 disc magazine.

The problem is that after a while of playing any cd in any place of the magazine, sometimes it it lasts longer and sometimes not but now it occurs more often, the player itself starts giving out sounds like "ieoewieoewieoew", :smile: , and even later it starts giving out sound in the speakers, like a scratching sound, but it does not affect the playback, just like an overlay. Sometimes though it does start skipping a lot.

Now it's nothing wrong with the cd's, and I've opened it to check if the lens is dirty or something, which it wasn't, it was very clear. Also the rail that the lens moves on was clean.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the rotation of the CD, like if the motor is starting to give up the disc gets unbalanced or something, I don't know really...

Can it be the magazine? I could loan another from a friend of mine and see how his works in my player, but if it is the magazine, what could be wrong with it? It seems fine to me.
Also I don't see any players with such magazines anymore, have they stopped selling it?
Why? It's small and nice and fits lots of cd's.
Is it because they are crappy?

Back