Capcom announces DmC Devil May Cry, developed by Ninja Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotaku's link is still okay.

[size=-2]inFamous 2 went Justin Timberlake and back, DMC gone Twilight. May be he'll come back ? :)[/size]

I actually like it. I never liked the cheesy one liner slinging pretty boy from he past games anyway, and with NT at the helm I may not have to cover my ears before a cut-scene starts.

I feel the same as I did when Silent Hill got sourced out to Western developers. The games didn't suddenly turn to crap in Western hands. It all went downhill long before that. Once the series climaxed in the superb second game to be more precise. Part 3 was mostly a rehash of part one with a similarly dopey storyline, and the Room wasn't even meant to be a Silent Hill game in the first place. Shattered Memories on the other hand was a fresh and clever take on a series that's gotten more and more stale over the years.

Besides, DMC4 wasn't that great of a game anyway. Some creative genius decided we needed another main character that looked almost exactly like the old one, and if the game didn't have you fight every boss 3 times while backtracking through the whole bloody game, it would have been a pitiful 5 hour snack.

I only played DMC4. Don't have much attachment to Dante. Valkyria Chronicles 3 is gnawing at my soul though (as we speak).

For some reason it says "video not available" to me. Saw it on youtube though. I expected worse :)

It has age check. Did someone fool around with your system ?

What have they done to Dante?

No wait....

What have they done to all the great things that were in the brilliant Devil May Cry 1???

Awesome visuals thought if indeed real time

I d love to see the Gothic art direction back. But this looks like a cross between Enslaved and Resident Evil

DMC is sort of hit and miss series anyway. DMC2 and DMC4 is sort of duds in the series. Well this one don't look too promising but I'll wait till I play it to see how it is. I think this series is going the way of Omnimusha.

And this is a hit ?
I won't call DMC4 a dud...its certainly a great game which got overshadowed by DMC1 & (the rather spectacular) DMC3.

I predict 2 things:
1) 30 FPS (doesn't this looks like UE3 ?)
2) simplified combat

Awesome visuals thought if indeed real time

I seriously doubt that. Using in-game assets, so a sort of "quick job" but the camera work, motion blur, particle stuff and such are all far too good looking to be an actual ingame cutscene.

Wouldn't be that bad though, if wasn't called DMC and the hero wasn't looking like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back