Brothers : A tale of two sons : from Starbreeze studios

Edit: the video aint showing up :???: , adding a link:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dtzSyYq4blQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdtzSyYq4blQ

Woah ! This had completely passed below my radar, I had no idea this even existed. A downloadable game from Starbreeze and that too very unique :p and looks absolutely fantastic and a day one buy !!! :p

Why is there no trailers and marketing for this absolute gem. Te first review is out and calls it

GamesMaster: “it’s Ico meets Limbo in Fable’s world. in a word: spellbinding”

And all this while we were busy looking at a conference with no games :LOL: while a spellbinding game deserved all of gamers' attention !

Edit: the video aint showing up :???:
Should work nao! :)

Edit: Watched the video clip now... Wow, heh. So this is the Josef Fares game I read about some time ago. This guy's a (nationally, at least) famous swedish movie director. Usually when big-shot movie directors try to make video games they turn out to be fairly poor, because - I think - they try to impose the same style of telling stories as in a scripted movie, and games are supposed to be interactive, so the end result feels stiff and awkward, moving through the game like being stuck along a set of railroad tracks. What I pick up from this title however is some classic video game interactions and light puzzle gameplay - classic 8-bit isometric game Head over Heels comes immediately to mind here.

The dual control scheme is rather interesting, and a good example of tailoring the controls to the platform. I'm a little concerned about the patriarchal aspect of the story though, it's a game about two brothers, and a father, and it's undoubtedly made mostly, if not exclusively, by guys. :p Why not a sister or a mother thrown in there thrown in for good measure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty cute, though I suspect very light on gameplay, mostly (easy?) puzzles. I think my kid may enjoy it though, and could be fun for him to play together with me or a friend ...

Looks pretty cute, though I suspect very light on gameplay, mostly (easy?) puzzles. I think my kid may enjoy it though, and could be fun for him to play together with me or a friend ...

It is only singleplayer afaik.

Its an adventure game, so puzzles might get tougher as it progresses. Gives me the same vibe as The Cave and fresh humour. And the reviewers comment having Ico, Limbo and Fable togethter in a sentence intrigues me a lot.

I'm probably older than you....I remember 3 people playing Monkey Island together, it sucked because I was the fastest reader.

Thats me in my house too :D ! I end up doing gaming stuff faster and then have to wait for them kids to read up and say "lets go there!"

I'm probably older than you....I remember 3 people playing Monkey Island together, it sucked because I was the fastest reader.

1974 ... but the point is, you can control one brother with the left stick and L1/2 and one brother with the right stick and R1. That reminds me a lot of games like Micro Machines v3 and Micromaniacs on PS1 where you could share the controller for 6-8 player games using just three-four controllers (which I've done when I was a student living in a student dorm in Sweden, great fun).

Actually the game gets a bit more dark and challenging the furthere in you go so keep that in mind.

I can recommend the video I created for Brothers a while back for more ingame (Spoiler alert):

I dont know how to add a video so :rolleyes:

[YT]jkUzT7bkjZs[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.xboxer360.com/gamereviews/review-brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons/

You won’t be spoon-fed a nonsense story, you’ll be engrossed in the world Starbreeze have built, eager to push on through the difficult times and while the games short time frame can leave you feeling a little disappointed, you’ll be hit with some rather powerful emotional moments which is extremely commendable.
Definitely give this one a go!

First reviews are coming out and are all above 80 from what I have seen. Sounds like a winner to me :)

Back