Bioware Star Wars mmorpg confirmed !

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
http://www.portfolio.com/views/blog.../17/ea-to-play-in-knights-of-the-old-republic

"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. "And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.

Oh my god thats my megaton of e3. Confirmed buy first day

Yea SOE the company that made Everquest , Everquest 2 , planetside and is making DC universe online made Star wars galaxies.

Star Wars galaxies had a lot of problems , most classes weren't working on release and they made jedi's almost impossible to make . Then they pushed an update out that basicly just let everyone be jedi's from the start. It really could have been many times better .

Well its bioware :) i'm sure it will come out at least on the xbox 360 and pc and since they are now owned by ea it has a chance of hitting the ps3 also.

Yea SOE the company that made Everquest , Everquest 2 , planetside and is making DC universe online made Star wars galaxies.

Star Wars galaxies had a lot of problems , most classes weren't working on release and they made jedi's almost impossible to make . Then they pushed an update out that basicly just let everyone be jedi's from the start. It really could have been many times better .

Then they decided to screw their loyal fanbase and basically rewrote the game to get more people on.

Only they released a mega buggy rewrite and alienated their fanbase by giving the people who had stayed with the game a free token(I cannot recall exactly what it did... I believe it let them advance to a high level jedi or a high level class or a special quest ahead of time) that didn't work properly.

Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has really gone down hill.

They destroyed a perfectly fine MMO with Star Wars Galaxies by listening in to people whining. The jedi thing your talking about was basically that originally the jedi players where randomly selected i think and the jedi where supposed to be in hiding etc, people crying because it was unfair that only some could become jedi (its not like they where superpowerful to some other classes), so they made ridiculously hard quest that any player could take to become a jedi. Then because people on their forums still whined (a minority) they changed it again, so jedi's basically became a starting class, and ruined the experience for all their established players.

SOE was never good , their best game was one that another company developed and they just so happened to buy the company .

Back