Beyond3D Podcast

Very few of the podcasts I listen to have video, and those that do I tend to just listen to without watching anyway. I find it a lot easier to fit audio only into my life.

Even if there are diagrams or tables referenced in the podcast, it's easy enough to link to them beside the download / play button with appropriate time stamps. If it's just a case of watching people sat speaking I really don't think the added overhead is worth it.

mm... Video. I'm not sure anyone wants to see me. :rolleyes:

@Arwin I have zero experience with the setup, but I was wondering what you thought about how we might collaborate with this on the gaming tech side of things. I'm on Mountain time btw.

It almost feels like we need "guest" users contributing as there are certainly a few who are much more knowledgable on particular subjects that get brought up on the forums.
If true, your sparse red facial hair is worth a couple of views per visitor lol.

Would it be worth spending an episode for introductions & backgrounds? (Not that I'm terribly interesting, and I'm not being humble here.)

I think maybe it'd be good to have at least 3 people in the discussion though. Two people is... kind of just a discussion between two people.

Would it be worth spending an episode for introductions & backgrounds? (Not that I'm terribly interesting, and I'm not being humble here.)

I think maybe it'd be good to have at least 3 people in the discussion though. Two people is... kind of just a discussion between two people.
Most podcasts I listen to provide minor 1-2 sentence backgrounds per caster. But I suppose if you're going to be on it all the time, I think 1 paragraph should be good enough.

mm... Video. I'm not sure anyone wants to see me. :rolleyes:

@Arwin I have zero experience with the setup, but I was wondering what you thought about how we might collaborate with this on the gaming tech side of things. I'm on Mountain time btw.

It almost feels like we need "guest" users contributing as there are certainly a few who are much more knowledgable on particular subjects that get brought up on the forums.
AI for president! I want to see you.

+1 for video

Just got back from holiday, which was really awesome and nearly tech free. Basically we lived in a real life simulation of the Iron Age for a week, which was really wonderful. A lot like living in The Witcher 3's starting area really, without the monsters, soldiers or magic.

Anyway, yes weekends would probably work best. I was listening to a programming podcast (Coding Blocks, also three guys) before we went, which was pretty cool and could perhaps overlap in terms of setup.

For the technical part we could just plan a test run where we chat away about some stuff and record that one or two ways and see how it works out.

Just got back from holiday, which was really awesome and nearly tech free. Basically we lived in a real life simulation of the Iron Age for a week, which was really wonderful. A lot like living in The Witcher 3

Oh yeah??

Just without the monsters, soldiers or magic.

Meh.

*stares back longingly at monitor*

Yeah, I think we're at the stage where we do some test recordings to see if we can figure out that side of things, regardless of any actual content. We can try and talk about something relevant during those, but it doesn't really matter. Weekends work well for me too.

Just a one off suggestion based upon recent observations, but this whole "game analysis" thing seems to be trending and more individuals are taking a shot at attempting to do what DF does. I'm not sure if this is something you guys want to try to tackle in your own way? Or as a just discussion topic?
I think B3D could provide some leadership in this area over single entities attempting to emulate DF attempting to announce a "winner", perhaps what could be discussed is purely technology

Maybe a podcast with with video extra supplemental video to go along with it? It could be some kind of visual that might help explain a concept that's being discussed, or just some semi-relevant gameplay footage( :) ). I also think the guest/interview idea is a very good one. I always liked digital foundry's interviews, so something like that but with even more detail would be great.

Back