Been anywhere interesting lately?

Amazing pics. And the best bit is... you didn't even have to leave the country.

Yeah. Neither of these two was something I had planned, just something that we did because it happened to be in the area. The only thing I had planned was to attend my sister's wedding and spend some time with my family.

I can't quite work out the perspective of the 2nd picture. The reflection from the water is playing tricks on my eyes.

Unfortunately I didn't get too many good pictures from the place. I took plenty of pics, but most turned out crap because I forgot I had left the camera at ISO 800. Although the Canon G9 is pretty good for being a compact ("compact" is a bit of a stretch though) it doesn't cope very well with ISO 800. Even SLRs show plenty of noise at that level. I only noticed this mistake in the last moment and managed to take a few pics at ISO 100 before we left, but it was all done in a hurry so they mostly turned out no good for other reasons.

Edit: A couple of other pics that might help with the perspective.
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, thanks Humus. That does help. And I can see why you'd feel the need to snap that vista. Pretty cool.

I'm about to upload my recent travels...

Right, Khartoum.

This is the "boat club" (unlike any other I've been to!)

9u6cg8.jpg

Just a random snap. It's quite a dangerous place so I told the driver to leave the engine running for quick getaways! :)

t4ydd1.jpg

Next, Addis (I don't seem to have any of Nairobi).

Restaraunt with some crazy dancing. I could've sworn (being oh so very Euro centric) that her head was going to come off. Can't remember what it's called but there are youtube clips of it. Amazing.

1621pqp.jpg

Pretty run down place. Lovely people though. And the entrepreneurial air of the locals was good to see.

20zvfnn.jpg

But outside of the capital it gets very pretty.

a9shf.jpg

That's all for now. Don't want to kill people's bandwidth...

By the way, I didn't mean for this to be a photography thread (although artistically pleasing pics are cool too!) so excuse my quick snaps from cameraphones...

I just got back from the bathroom. There was an ant on the floor so I stepped on it. Lol seriously though I need to travel, there are so many places I want to go. Japan/south korea/singapore are first on my list but I'd like to visit each continent eventually

Back