Battlefield 2042 [PS, XB, PC]

Steam counts have fallen below 3k for daily peaks. PC players have moved on.

From battlefield? absolutely. Trash game. Needed another year. Battlebit actually seems more fun and it's free playtest right now. Runs on pretty much anything and has good mechanics. If you need a BF fix, play Battlebit instead.

From battlefield? absolutely. Trash game. Needed another year. Battlebit actually seems more fun and it's free playtest right now. Runs on pretty much anything and has good mechanics. If you need a BF fix, play Battlebit instead.
Ya it's a lot more fun than BF2042. Quite a few people have gone back to BFV.

EA probably gonna pile it on Respawn, and add more to the pile again and again and again... And there will be no titanfall 3

Respawn are reportedly working on 3 Star Wars games at the moment. On top of that they have ongoing development on Apex Legends (although this should be a relatively small team). I don't think they have enough personnel to start development on a 5th project. :p

Regards,
SB

Respawn are reportedly working on 3 Star Wars games at the moment. On top of that they have ongoing development on Apex Legends (although this should be a relatively small team). I don't think they have enough personnel to start development on a 5th project. :p

Regards,
SB

Yes that was what I was alluring to. They got tasked with way too many projects. It's ridiculous. Their medal of honor game already feels not having enough labor of love (feels rushed, less polished, etc)

Steam counts have fallen below 3k for daily peaks. PC players have moved on.
imho, they will be back, when the game is not broken -in a year or so, something that happened to BF V-. Investors and EA have screwed DICE huge time. The last great Battlefield game was Battlefield 1, and from listening to experts, the game's launch was soooo much better.

Back then when EA didn't interfere much, DICE published an open alpha that lasted 2 months were core players found bugs and gameplay issues, etc, then they published a beta that lasted a few months also, and were polishing the game based on the feedback those months. The result: a super polished game Day 1. Compare that to BF 2042. BF 2042 has lots of potential though.

Things went downhill after BF V, a game that they polished after a year and is now okay, but people still love BF1.

If you're on PC, forget Battlefield 2042. This game with simplistic graphics has huge games and much better mechanics lol

seen a few videos of that, they seem to open access to the game in concrete dates, but iirc they were mocking BF 2042 and published this when they noticed the game was fun and was having success. The fact that the game runs on a toaster and runs at great framerates on low/medium tier rigs is very appealing too.

There is also World War 3, which will be free next month.

imho, they will be back, when the game is not broken -in a year or so, something that happened to BF V-. Investors and EA have screwed DICE huge time. The last great Battlefield game was Battlefield 1, and from listening to experts, the game's launch was soooo much better.

Back then when EA didn't interfere much, DICE published an open alpha that lasted 2 months were core players found bugs and gameplay issues, etc, then they published a beta that lasted a few months also, and were polishing the game based on the feedback those months. The result: a super polished game Day 1. Compare that to BF 2042. BF 2042 has lots of potential though.

Things went downhill after BF V, a game that they polished after a year and is now okay, but people still love BF1.

They will not be back IMO. This game is in a far worse state then BFV ever was. I also believe the blame lies mostly with Dice and not EA.

They will not be back IMO. This game is in a far worse state then BFV ever was. I also believe the blame lies mostly with Dice and not EA.
why DICE in particular? I mean, it's usually EA and investors. I think the true DICE has left some time ago, and some of the leftovers of original DICE apparently left later in the project.

This expert player mentioned the game's issues in this video:

why DICE in particular? I mean, it's usually EA and investors. I think the true DICE has left some time ago, and some of the leftovers of original DICE apparently left later in the project.

This expert player mentioned the game's issues in this video:

As you said old Dice is long gone. 2 duds in a row with the 2nd being even worse and it's apparent they just don't have the capability to make a good game. There are way too many signs of sheer incompetence that have nothing to do with EA. Beyond 2042 being a disaster design wise, it's technical underpinnings are horrendous and with the senior Frostbite staff being gone I doubt they even know how to fix it. BFV at least had solid game design it just needed the technical aspects ironed out and better maps. They were never able to fix most of those technical issues but some better maps did come. If they couldn't fix BFV, why does anyone think they will fix 2042 with even less senior staff and far less of a population than BFV had at this time. They will finish out the 1 year of support they are obligated to with the least amt of effort possible and move on.

I’m pretty sure they’ll make one more attempt at a big battlefield game, but 2042 is a lost cause. They’ll restructure dice, probably move employees around EA to try to get the right technical and managerial people in place. I just don’t know if they have enough internally to do that without damaging other studios. Besides respawn EA just seems to make failures with a ton of technical issues.

Maybe they could get DICE to make something new? The BF formula was perfected with BF4, and unlike FIFA etc. it is really difficult to make yearly sequels. Look at Guerrilla games, they could break out of their Killzone rut with something new, with the right management DICE should be able to do the same.

No one here seems to really play the game. Where are all the bugs?

After 130 hours of playtime since Christmas I haven't been able to find many bugs. There is an exaggeration in the internet.

Two bugs that occur regularly in my game:
-Enlarging vehicle sights often results in a black screen. It has to be toomed in again.
-When I set up the automatic turret it often explodes immediately without any reason.

In addition I found it first-class that I could unlock everything very quickly in battles against bots. Unlocking stuff annoys me in games like these.

The scale with 128 players is much more epic. Best conquest in a Battlefield game ever. On the other hand Elden Ring is technical rubbish and is celebrated.

1. Make sure noone gets their feelings hurt so don't show a scoreboard.

The lack of statistics is not so bad. It allows me to focus more on different roles. With stingers I might not get the best K/D as in other ways but I don't have to orientate myself massively on the K/D when playing. Otherwise I always aim for a K/D of 10/1 since the first battlefield.

Last edited:
No one here seems to really play the game. Where are all the bugs?

After 130 hours of playtime since Christmas I haven't been able to find many bugs. There is an exaggeration in the internet.

Two bugs that occur regularly in my game:
-Enlarging vehicle sights often results in a black screen. It has to be toomed in again.
-When I set up the automatic turret it often explodes immediately without any reason.

In addition I found it first-class that I could unlock everything very quickly in battles against bots. Unlocking stuff annoys me in games like these.

The scale with 128 players is much more epic. Best conquest in a Battlefield game ever. On the other hand Elden Ring is technical rubbish and is celebrated.

The lack of statistics is not so bad. It allows me to focus more on different roles. With stingers I might not get the best K/D as in other ways but I don't have to orientate myself massively on the K/D when playing. Otherwise I always aim for a K/D of 10/1 since the first battlefield.
gamers have changed over the years, now they want better and better products on launch date. My best friend IRL is a huge Battlefield fan, he could spend hours and hours on end playing Battlefield 3 and the likes of it. I shall probably never play Battlefield 2042, 'cos my internet speed is like 5-6MB/s -not exaggerating here-, so... you get the idea. Also, I don't usually play online if not with my best friend and so on.

In the end, I won't encourage him not to buy the game, 'cos I trust the developers to fix the issues, to listen to the community and add more content to take the game where the series deserve, like they did with BF V.

I shall probably never play Battlefield 2042, 'cos my internet speed is like 5-6MB/s

Do you mean mbits? Otherwise 5/6mb/s is quite a good connection i think. If you mean 500/600kb/s then yes its going to take awhile to download and update it, but its possible to play if the upload is anywhere ok-ish....
I live in a mountain/rural area, i have fibre now (up to 1gb/s up/down), but prior to that i had anywhere between 200kb/s to 800kb/s depending on what time of the day it was. It was possible to play BF4 with up to two persons in the household. Took awhile to download though :p

Back