Australia is in the world cup.

tEd said:
I know nobody cares but switzerland is too

Very dramatic game vs Turkey! ;) Congrats.

Cool to see the Aussies in the cup again. I hope they end up in Swedens group. :LOL:

Brazil. *Shivers* What a team they'll have this time. :oops:

O_M_G Turkey made some asses out of themselves... Holy crap.

Serves them right if they get some stiff penalties for that. I wasn't too big of a fan of Turkey's team before(us swedes have run into them a few too many times the last 5-6 years), now they're downright detestable. :devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
MPI said:
I wasn't too big of a fan of Turkey's team before(us swedes have run into them a few too many times the last 5-6 years), now they're downright detestable. :devilish:

Indeed. ;)

Good job Switzerland! :devilish:

Bulgaria and Turkey can burn in hell. :LOL:

MPI said:
O_M_G Turkey made some asses out of themselves... Holy crap.

Serves them right if they get some stiff penalties for that. I wasn't too big of a fan of Turkey's team before(us swedes have run into them a few too many times the last 5-6 years), now they're downright detestable. :devilish:
well if it wasn't for that penalty, Turkey would have won! They did end up scoring 4-2 at their home ground which shows that Turkey has played quite well against the Switzerland team.

Bahadir said:
well if it wasn't for that penalty, Turkey would have won! They did end up scoring 4-2 at their home ground which shows that Turkey has played quite well against the Switzerland team.
They lost, IIRC, because the European Confederation the breaks ties in the second place qualification playoffs first by goals scored-goals against, then by the number of away goals. The Swiss had two away goals while Turkey was shut out on the road.

Now there's (unofficial) talk from UEFA officials that Turkey might be banned from the 2010 Cup Qualification for this little incident. Amazing, some real action being taken for a change.

Back