Attachment button – could we have it in the editor toolbar? + list of "TODOs"

Kaarlisk

Regular
Supporter
Since this made me feel silly about myself, I decided I must post! :)

When I wanted to attach a picture to my post, I automatically started looking for the button in the Rich Editor controls. Went through those thrice, and still did not find it. Almost gave up, and then found it a second before clicking "post" :oops:.
Therefore, it would be nice, if possible, to at least have a hint in the editor toolbar that there is an upload file facility below. Though I have a suspicion it may be impossible, or would have been done already.

Also, I went through the first page + used post title search to look for already existing complaints, so that I would not pollute the forum unnecessarily. It seems a stickied public list of "TODOs" would be useful, maybe in the form of a perennial "what small improvements do you want" thread.

I hope I'm not asking for too much, being a new member and all :D

Reactions: Rys
Yeah, I had attempted to start a thread where I tracked what was in progress or known as issues, but people started commenting on individual maintenance threads and so tracking it all efficiently became difficult. I should start a new thread for it and collect all of the issues and stuff that's on the list, and make it sticky. So I'll, err, add that to the list of things to do :runaway:

As for a better highlight for the "Upload a File" button, if others comment and confirm it's a problem for them too, I'll consider it. I'm hesitant to make changes asked for by just one user these days, for the obvious reasons.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back