Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I'm curious to see how far the engine will have come in ACIII. Presumably Brotherhood and Revelations were built on a branched ACII engine, so I'm hopeful the ACIII could have more significant upgrades.

As for the architecture, cities like Philadelphia, Boston and New York are pretty old. There's some good engravings of Philly in 1800 here that give you an idea of what those cities were like in the period. And here's a big view of the Philadelphia skyline from a distance. Obviously not the ancient metropolises of Rome or Constantinople, but totally workable for the game's needs.

You don't know any thing about American history at all...lol...if you are American for shame on you.

If the game is taking place on the strip of land that's was occupied by the British Empire then the cities' architectures are probably going to look a lot like London and its country side.

I'm not American and therefore have no need to know it's history in detail. I do know enough to be sure colonial America certainly will not have cities that are anything like London though. Or for that matter Renaissance Rome, Venice, Florence, Constantinople etc... I'd expect the architecture to be more reminiscent of Masyaf and maybe Damascus, but with more grass and less sun.

The wilderness should be a lot more interesting than previous games though and isolated settlements could offer some interesting opportunities.

I'm curious to see how far the engine will have come in ACIII. Presumably Brotherhood and Revelations were built on a branched ACII engine, so I'm hopeful the ACIII could have more significant upgrades.

I thought AC:R was one of the best looking games this generation. It's truly stunning at times, at least on the PC.If the new game looks just that good I'll be happy.

Think about the present day storyline in the games - assuming that AC3 concludes that story, because of the 2012 deadline, the finale of the game would have to take place in a setting that's important in modern days. Sure, London is interesting as well, but not as much as the US.

So it makes sense to have the two plots conclude at the same location, especially if you consider AC2's ending and what happened there with the main characters.

The wilderness with the native americans is another pretty interesting element, I'm not aware of any games exploring this age and place. If you look at the screenshots, the guy is actually hunting for deer there! Not sure if this could be done in victorian England, pretty much the entire European continent was mostly conquered at that time. Sure there were areas in Eurasia, or in the African jungles, or on the arctic/antarctic icelands, but those had no significant settlements around.

So in many ways, I believe that this certain setting makes a lot of sense. Not to mention how exciting the entire revolution was, as I've already mentioned.

"-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 -> Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature."

A lot more details:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465195

I'm glad they are changing location, the old locations while pretty were getting a bit long in the tooth. I love this series but it needs some freshing up.

Just finished playing this and wanted to pass on my congratulations and thanks to Ubisoft for producing such a stunning masterpiece of a game. This was truly one of (and possibly THE) the greatest games I've ever experienced.

Story wise, it probably takes the top spot over other masterpieces like Mafia and Max Payne 2

Graphically this may be the most beautiful game I've ever played (I've never played BF3 or any other DX11 enabled game). Its visually stunning at times regardless.

Gameplay wise it's full of content, at least 30 hours worth and every minute of it up there with the best.

Absolutely incredible game - anyone that hasn't played it yet - or worse hasn't played any game in the AC series needs to do themselves a favour and pick this up.

As for the next game in the series, despite my initial dissappointment at the setting and concept (from what's been shown so far) I don't think there's any way I'll not not be getting it now.

Back