Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Not sure if I'm gonna get AC Revo. I loved AC2, but I got bored of Brotherhood relatively quick. AC Revo doesn't look different enough, may end up just passing on it and grab it next holiday steam sale.

I finally started playing this (I've had it for a while now), on PS3, played for about an hour or so this morning.

I've noticed in a few of the environments that there are some odd white flickering spots on some objects, that disappear when you get closer. The weapon racks in the main assassin's den when you first arrive in the city is a good example. From a distance, the weapon pegs look white, then as you get closer, they flicker, then turn normal black/brown when you get right up to them. What's doing that? Almost looks like some kind of aliasing issue with unjoined polys, and we're seeing through the mesh to the white background. I see it in CG models sometimes when an area of the mesh isn't quite built right, but I'm seeing it in ACR just about everywhere.

Didn't see what you're describing on the 360, or it's possible I did, but didn't notice. My favorite game of 2011 by far.

You disappoint me

ac3box3.jpg

This is the work of the AC2 core team. They've been on it ever since AC2's release while others were working on Brotherhood and Revelations, so we can expect a larger step forward in gameplay features.

Why? The Bill of Rights really is a huge milestone in our history, and there are some huge opportunities with the setting and the characters. More will be revealed on monday and there may be some surprises...

Why? The Bill of Rights really is a huge milestone in our history, and there are some huge opportunities with the setting and the characters. More will be revealed on monday and there may be some surprises...

Because it's going to be incredibly american centric (as your post suggests). The architecture is going to be relatively boring. It's likely to be more range weapon focussed than previous games where hand to hand/swordplay was one of the most enjoyable aspects and the atmosphere of being in an exotic, foreign land steeped in history is going to be practically non-existent.

Well, just by plain logic, here are a few things.

- They weren't America or the superpower US for a long, long time - they were colonies of the British Empire.

- Those weapons were very, very inaccurate, and took ages to reload. Every soldier carried a bayonette or a sword, and for a reason.

- The undiscovered American frontier isn't exotic and foreign enough for you, but renessaince Italy was?? Are you kidding me? :)

- Also, those cities have a rich history we're non-americans aren't really educated about. In fact I know far, far less about that age, compared to the Crusades or Italy, and I'm very eager to find out more.

Also, seriously, is this not one of the coolest movie scenes, ever?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9SEFMIBwAs&feature=related

Tell me you can watch that without being moved :p

The American Indian aspect does hold some interesting possibilities I'll give you that. I'm open to being convinced since AC is one of my favourite franchises of all time but I'm not there yet.

Opens some plot lines to be a counter-assassin, specifically in regards to preserving historical events.

Because it's going to be incredibly american centric (as your post suggests). The architecture is going to be relatively boring. It's likely to be more range weapon focussed than previous games where hand to hand/swordplay was one of the most enjoyable aspects and the atmosphere of being in an exotic, foreign land steeped in history is going to be practically non-existent.

You don't know any thing about American history at all...lol...if you are American for shame on you.

If the game is taking place on the strip of land that's was occupied by the British Empire then the cities' architectures are probably going to look a lot like London and its country side.

He'll be climbing redwoods instead of towers, and maybe giant bald eagles will carry him instead of parachutes.
Colonial architecture does not lend itself to the Assassin's creed concept. It's too low and open, no jumping from building to building. It'd be like setting Mirror's Edge 2 in L.A.

I suspect the series may have just jumped the shark, which sadden's me, because it is one of my all time favourites.

And where's my fecking Desmond!!?!

Back