AsRock good or bad motherboards?

Well, it's an inexpensive brand. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Do you have problems with it?

Nuno Brito said:
i have a asrock p4vt8 nut some guys say that asrock is bad. Is that true?
:cry:
hurry i need to know!

IIRC, Asrock was setup by Asus (who generally have a very good rep) in order to sell cheap versions of their motherboards direct to retail.

I've had four Asrock Athlon motherboards and had no trouble with any of them. Cheap and fully featured and all-standard drivers. The joys of buying well-off-bleeding-edge technology.

We use them in our systems and we have had very few problems with them. They are slightly slower than ASUS' own brand boards of the same chipset but the difference to the end user is normally negligible.

Asrock, may be fine, but there are not just Asus attempt to sell lower priced motherboards to retail. They were supposed to be of worse quality, and they were supposed to not besmirch the Asus name, that is why they sell them under a new name, so if they suck it won't hurt Asus' reputation.

However this doesn't mean they will be bad, simply that usuing lower quality components might mean worse overclocking, or things like that...so in other words they will work fine, but maybe not as well as an Asus board at the edge of the envelope.

Sxotty said:
Asrock, may be fine, but there are not just Asus attempt to sell lower priced motherboards to retail. They were supposed to be of worse quality, and they were supposed to not besmirch the Asus name, that is why they sell them under a new name, so if they suck it won't hurt Asus' reputation.

However this doesn't mean they will be bad, simply that usuing lower quality components might mean worse overclocking, or things like that...so in other words they will work fine, but maybe not as well as an Asus board at the edge of the envelope.

Where did you get that info from?
Asrock = boards made by ECS I believe under supervision from ASUS... (I may be wrong there).

Asrock = better than PC Chips at least ;)

:oops: well im a little confused, i don't know what to say i have a asrock that supports ddr400, ata 100/133, sata 100/150, 3 slots ddr, agp 8X, 5 slots pci and 6 usb + 2 in front.

If you have the board right there with you, you don't need to ask us if it's good or not. Does it work for you? Is the speed, stability, features, and cost acceptable? If they are, then it's a good board. :)

Back