Are you a hacker?

Do you think you are a real hacker?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm a l33t H4x0R!!!1111!1!oneone11!

• No, I'm not an irritating wanna-be teenager!

• I don't know. I might be.

• How do I know?

• Look below, and I'll tell you:

• Total voters
digitalwanderer said:
Mebbe, but I'm trying more to be a new age renaissance man. ;)

I have been thinking about it, but I cannot come up with a simple definition of a hacker. I think you are one, especially because you ask if you don't know something, and spend most of your time playing with those things. But it is hard to draw a line somewhere. Although it's pretty easy to say which people definitely are not. ;)

silence said:
i know i am not one..... not nuff knowladge to do it.... otherwise it would be too tempting ;)

You're making the same mistake as just about anyone else: hackers are (historically) *NOT* the people who break into other computers. Rather, they're the ones who are in charge of security wherever it's impossible to circumvent that security...

Sigh.

Ok. Forget about it. I'm NOT a hacker. Those are the bad guys, nowadays. Like the US. I'm just a silly person, who doesn't like to think of himself as something that should be a high accomplishment, but really is what you call the stupid losers.

Whatever. Call me stupid. I'll probably get used to it. I think I'll just become a manager (Really.) and be done with it. No more silly questions from me, like: "Does it has to work at all?" in board meetings.

I'll just do whatever it takes to grow towards CEO, lots of money and happily being braindeath. In another company as my own one, as I cannot talk with managers at all.

And just so I don't have to post this a bit later: I already am sorry to post this. But I will do it anyway.

DiGuru, you should become a BOFH. That would solve many of your problems with managers and is fun as well.

DiGuru said:
silence said:
i know i am not one..... not nuff knowladge to do it.... otherwise it would be too tempting ;)

You're making the same mistake as just about anyone else: hackers are (historically) *NOT* the people who break into other computers. Rather, they're the ones who are in charge of security wherever it's impossible to circumvent that security...

Sigh.

i am NOT making that mistake..... i am easily seduced by dark side. ;)
thats the "too tempting" part of the post.

I wanna change my answer, I wanna be a renaissance geek. 8)

I couldn't remember the term I liked yesterday, but that's the one. I think in a world of specialization a generalist can have some serious fun.

Back