Anybody played Conan yet?

I downloaded and played the demo the other day. My only comments are, why...why does trash like this ever get published? Why do I as a consumer which to purchase a substandard game? Why, after downloading the demo would I purchase it instead of play God of War? Why do they even release a demo? Do they think that after trying it out people might actually buy the game? Better make a pretty cover and some nice bullshots on the back. Now that might actually make it sell more.

It's not that developers are lazy, they are just stupid....they start with a grand idea, waste a lot of investors money and then ...... well the only thing they get out of their failiure is experience. Experience which they might put to good use in their next title....or not.

Why is there such a huge market for shit games. I would rather have 20 games a year instead of 100 be released so long as those 20 games were all AAA titles and covered every genre. Instead, gamers are lost in a sea of filth and waste countless times on completely undeserving titles.

I picked this up last night and had a lot of fun with it. The combat system evolves as you progress and I'm really liking it. There's a combo purchase system for each of the various weapon layouts, as well as a rage ("Song of the Swords" I think it's called) system and magic attacks.

It doesn't have the production values of God of War, but the game play is entertaining and the story serviceable.

I thought the demo was fun in a button mashing way. :p I'll probably wait for bargain bin price though...

I played the demo and enjoyed the combat, but was underwhelmed by the graphics and what little story they attempted to present. I put this one on my rental list.

i actually like it alot. Its just plain fun... its not worldbeating but it damn sure does what anything associated with Conan is supposed to do - be over the top, gratuitous, blunt and enjoyable:

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

I downloaded and played the demo the other day. My only comments are, why...why does trash like this ever get published? Why do I as a consumer which to purchase a substandard game? Why, after downloading the demo would I purchase it instead of play God of War? Why do they even release a demo? Do they think that after trying it out people might actually buy the game? Better make a pretty cover and some nice bullshots on the back. Now that might actually make it sell more.

It's not that developers are lazy, they are just stupid....they start with a grand idea, waste a lot of investors money and then ...... well the only thing they get out of their failiure is experience. Experience which they might put to good use in their next title....or not.

Why is there such a huge market for shit games. I would rather have 20 games a year instead of 100 be released so long as those 20 games were all AAA titles and covered every genre. Instead, gamers are lost in a sea of filth and waste countless times on completely undeserving titles.

This reply states my opinion quite nicely. I couldn't handle more than around 10 minutes or so of the demo (wether you like Claudia Black's voice or not) and deleted it.
Not only would I prefer the 20 AAA titles, I would pay more for longer more complete games. We've seen Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Special Editions sell for more than 60 ( in some cases a LOT more than 60). Give me longer better games and I will happily pay for them. Keep games like Conan far far away from me. It's like Uwe Boll made a game instead of a movie.

Back