Any Winampers out there?

Guden Oden

Legend
Since the WMP10 thread got shot to shit - literally - I'll make a new one.

So, which skins you like? I found a really cool one, is called LayerOne. It has pretty much all the hallmarks of a good skin;

* Compact and regular shape so it doesn't take up a quarter of my screen estate and fits in easily with other windows and icons.

* Buttons with recognizeable functions (HATE skins with buttons with weird symbols on the buttons, or worse, with no symbols at all)

* Nice colors (many different schemes to choose from)

* Nice effects, meaning good VIS modes and neat button animations on mouseover. :p

One drawback I've found is the equalizer window isn't skinned (so no EQ with this skin). However, I don't use the equalizer anyway (my Audigy2 ZS has one built-in, heh).

I've been looking for something simillar. Something with an Apple brush metal finish AND excellent usability. I think I'm going to have to make my own, however.

All the ones I find have excessive stuff. I wish someone who has some idea about usability would make one.

I have something that comes close to my expectations, if you want it, then pm me and I"ll hook you up with a dl, I don't have a link to the site, unfortunately.

When I used Winamp a couple of years ago I would chose the the skins that made your player look like stereo equipment from Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc. It looked really cool.

Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs

Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same Gofolks Com response. Please do so in the future.

man i used to detest winamp, it looked so dull and boring, it also used to aggrevate me that the install options all defaulted to maximum amount of crap to be installed with it.

Then abt a month ago i needed to use winamp to listen to some music online, so i downloaded the new version. man it is so wicked, so many things to play with. It is my number1 fav player now, complete reversal of my feelings towards winamp.

Id love to intergrate the thing into my shell, that would be cool, specialy the visualisations, man anybody read some of the authors comments

:)

There's an updated version of the LayerOne skin (1.3) with even more stuff included on the winamp site... Just search for the name and you'll find it.

since i installed Foxytunes to my Firefox i really dont bother with skins for Winamp, cause it plays music and controls are in Firefox.... ;)

silence said:
since i installed Foxytunes to my Firefox
You and your god-damned firefox plugins! You had to resurrect this dead old topic just to brag you got another one installed... :LOL:;) How long is your plugin list now? :D

Guden Oden said:
silence said:
since i installed Foxytunes to my Firefox
You and your god-damned firefox plugins! You had to resurrect this dead old topic just to brag you got another one installed... :LOL:;) How long is your plugin list now? :D

lol....pretty long.... :LOL:
i think i tried over 150 extensions by now....and kept 70....

LOL man, you're making FF as bloated, unstable and buggy as IE this way! :D How long does it take to start it up now after a cold-boot of your system?

Back