antec case with slideouts.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=9343455&search=antec+case+p180

sliding rack component access...

yes it seems convenient for builder (not much experience here)...are those impediments to cooling though?

dual cooling areas for cpu and hd units.

is there a clear leader/winnerin the atx case mfg's for performance rigs?

i like the look of this one, and the slider access to components. and they say very good for performance and silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss has one. He absolutely loves it. :D Antec cases are quite solid...and heavy too since they use thicker steel. I'd recommend one.

It's a good case. There's a review of it on silentpc.com I believe. I almost went with this for my latest build but opted at the last moment for a Lian Li silent case. Silent pc set one of these up with a Skyth Ninja HS and ran with the cpu cooled passively since it has two 120 mm fans right by the cpu.

A duct is provided that routes air from the back of the case over the motherboard's expansion slots. This is a great idea, except that no filter is provided over the rear air intake (filters are provided for the front air intakes) so dust can easily accumulate inside the case. Furthermore, installing PCI cards means removing this duct, which is held in by two screws.

hmm. i wonder if you can get extra filters? installing PCI (eg PPU) later, though inconvenient, perhaps, doesn't seem like a big deal.

anyway this case, aesthetically (?) and internalwise design seems like about the best i've seen (though im hardly an expert).

anyone know of a better one? not so much pricewise, just featurewise.

Back