Analyst expects Sony losses to be six times higher than expected(1.6 billion dollars)

I do not disagree with that but all of those things do play a part for consumers.

They do play a part with consumers, but the discussion in its present form is derailing the main thrust of the thread, which is Sony internal business strategy/direction. If folk could discuss it dispassionately without drawing lines in the sand based on personal views/opinions, it could be a constructive part of the dialogue. But to read the last several posts, I would defy anyone new to the thread to guess what the topic was.

surprisingly the games division made a profit, I was expecting a loss with the yen being so strong.
look at toyota its just posted its first ever loss in history i.e. ~70 years!!!
Though we can assume the ps3 is still causing a loss, though with decreased ps2 sales its improved a hell of a lot.

weren't sales of the ps3 systems down this quarter and they introduced the 65nm rsx ? I would think that coupled with the amount of software they moved over 3 platforms would have ofest more than the cost of the ps3 losses on hardware.

I wonder how much profit each of those ps2s are.

Back