• Taylor

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Katherine

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
I haven't watched last night's finale yet, but i just wanted to ask you guys, what's your take? Kat or Father Ted?

I never really "got" Taylor, so for me it's Kat, but i really think Taylor will win, he seems to have a MUCH bigger fan-base than Kat.

In the end, the outcome is not going to change much, she will be in some Broadway musical of unknown quality by Christmas, and he'll be singing in malls around the US by then...

So, who's your american idol?

Soul Patrol or McPheever?

Only two people?! Isn't American Idol the biggest TV success in the US? I mean, they had a diabetic contestant who got to N.3. That's just perfect for US political correctness. Without taking anything away from the guy of course, but when he did mention that on air a few weeks ago i immediately went "There u go, he played the sick card, he ain't going nowhere for a long time". And surely enough, he didn't!

Ok i'm evil. Sorry. I'm just back from Germany now and i'm bored.

london-boy said:
Only two people?! Isn't American Idol the biggest TV success in the US? I mean, they had a diabetic contestant who got to N.3. That's just perfect for US political correctness. Without taking anything away from the guy of course, but when he did mention that on air a few weeks ago i immediately went "There u go, he played the sick card, he ain't going nowhere for a long time". And surely enough, he didn't!

Ok i'm evil. Sorry. I'm just back from Germany now and i'm bored.
You weren't being bored in Germany??!?
I voted for Taylor, just because I think he's got to be cuter than she.
I haven't watched the American Idol, so I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat. Very inconsistent but when she's good, ooooh......

I expect Taylor will win (have won?) though.

Does AI have public voting (sms/net votes/landline) like we had in our "Indian Idol 2". BTW, here in India there is a big debate going on whether or not public voting be scrapped (I know it can't be done bec'se the money the make due to it), bec'se in every such competition, better ones always lost.

MuFu said:
Kat. Very inconsistent but when she's good, ooooh......

I expect Taylor will win (have won?) though.
Are you admitting to watching it, Mooflex?

I've seen maybe 3 or 4 of them recently... It conveniently runs just before new episodes of House, so it's hard not to catch a few minutes of it every time. Don't really care that much for Taylor. He clearly gets into it when he performs and that's what makes him somewhat more charismatic -- which, I think is the only reason people really like him -- he's the "performer."

Rys said:
Are you admitting to watching it, Mooflex?

On and off. For the hilarity of the initial auditions, and then beyond that if there's anybody worth watching. It's pretty sordid but they do find exceptional talents sometimes; just a shame they have to become shrinkwrapped insta-celebs at the end of it. Urgh.

I watched it, I developed a crush for Kat, and I'm sad that she lost. She's so freaky sexy though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KBeee said:
Poll shoud have at least 3 options
1. Wannabe A
2. Wannabe B
3. Who with an IQ over their hatsize gives a Damn?

What does IQ have to do with TV shows tastes?

Personally, i always say "I'll never watch AI this year, or any crap TV show", but every time i get sucked in... can't help it, and last time i checked my IQ was over 130...

I know you were being sarcastic, but sometimes it really gets to me how people judge other people's intelligence by what music they listen or what programs they watch on tv sometimes.

Nom De Guerre said:
Who won was insignificant compared to the last celebrity guest. What a coup for the show's producers to have Prince sing 2 songs!

Heh, if it's true that 200 million people were watching that all over the world (quite likely as it's quite big even here in the UK), then he probably didn't even get paid for that performance. Most times, artists get paid in "coverage", meaning that they're happy to do it for free if they know that their performance will be seen by LOADS of people, and 200M is LOADS of people.

I think the big coup was having Prince, Dionne Warwick, Al Jarreau, Tony Braxton (she sounded awful..), Live and i can't even remember who else, all in the same show. This finale was a million times better that the past years, it looked like a proper musical show and not a stupid cheesy tacky game show, and i think this is the direction the show should take.

london-boy said:
sometimes it really gets to me how people judge other people's intelligence by what music they listen or what programs they watch on tv sometimes.

But that is mostly tied to your social background, which again did influence your development. I rarely met a professor listening to Brittney or a bum loving Mozart.

When you reach a certain intellectual level, lots of stuff tends to become too simple/boring, that's how it filters.

The hell will freeze over before I'll listen to folk or some of that mass-produced pop-crap. I just can't, it literally makes me feel bad and kinda "hurts" my ears.

Not to sound pessimistic or anything but Taylor winning isn't really going to help him get a career in the future. I don't think the same people that voted for him will actually buy his album. To date Only that chick from season one actually has a career. The second season winner doesn't really have one and it seems that the runner-up is getting more coverage than him. Don't even get me started on the 3rd season winner. The fourth season winner seems to be doing fairly... I guess.

Back