America is a weird country...

Guden Oden

Legend
On the flight from NY to SF, I was introduced to yet another item in the low-salt hysteria that still seems to be sweeping that nation since the 80s (and everyone over here thankfully had forgotten by the start of the 90s); sodium-free club soda.

Tastes like $£!#...!

And no, there's no other point with me tellign this, other than I'm sitting up too late at my computer because I overslept yesterday due to there being noisy construction work going on early mornings two days in a row, waking me up too soon. I'll go to sleep now tho, so goodbye, and good night.

sodas suck anyway, I increasingly see them as kiddy drinks and there are enough better things to choose from, such as : water, coffee (not flooded in water and without sugar), beer and wine :)

... or on the next morning ;), a friend of mine claimed once, that on the morning after drinking 3-4-5-600g of vodka/whiskey/brandy, the best thing for his organism is soda. Lots of it. Not that I use it... I prefer hot and peppery tripe soup :D

Wow, binge drinking FTL! :oops::LOL:

Actually, I rather enjoy club soda while on a flight. And tomato juice. (But not together in the same glass, heh.) It's pretty much the only time I drink these two items, as a tradition. Oh, and I tasted HORRIBLE low-sodium tomato juice too on the same flight going the other direction. :) You just can't get stuff to taste GOOD without salt! I'd rather die of high blood pressure and enjoy what I'm eating/drinking, than live my life as a watery low-salt jellyfish thing eating stuff that tastes like wood pulp. :p

Personally I came to the conclusion with a lot of the "diet" stuff, that it does not do anything to improve one's health, you get the same illnesses and die at the same time as if you stick to basically reasonable foods, in that even if you are highly strict in following this "diet" stuff, the only difference is in restricting oneself to the approved "diet": life is so boring, it just seems you live longer. :D

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

Dunno, I can't imagine 3-4 litre of Coke a day being that healthy (the non-diet variety)... it's a pound of sugar at least. If that doesn't kill you, I don't know what does.

Dunno, I can't imagine 3-4 litre of Coke a day being that healthy (the non-diet variety)... it's a pound of sugar at least. If that doesn't kill you, I don't know what does.

I previously wrote
if you stick to basically reasonable foods

re " 3-4 litre of Coke a day" I would not regard that as a basically reasonable food.

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

Well I drink some 3l of diet coke a day, so switching to normal coke wouldn't be that good :)

I am not a doctor so I can only speak for myself but I would not wish to drink 3 litres of Coke a day e.g. the regular Coke is full of sugar, so it would be a great way to get diabetes and the diet stuff has presumably got nutrasweet in it, which has been extensively tested on rats, which given the very great differences physiologically between rats and human beings, presumably means rats can drink nutrasweet sweetened beverages quite safely.

Saludos Amigo
Zapata

Yeah, it's not that healthy either but still better then the non-diet. I just can't drink bottled water, tastes like...errm, nothing.

Pffft! At 150 calories per can you can get the minimum daily caloric intake with just 14 cans of coke.

I drink at least a 12 pack per day, keeps me all perky. :)

Back