Alien Isolation

today marks seven years since this masterpiece was launched. Thanks Sega!
Is it time for your "Nightmare" mode play through? :) Who needs any craftables, working gadgets or even a health meter?

Actually have you tried the Alien: Blackout mobile game? It is sort of like a mini Alien Isolation. Even has the Amanda voice actress.

Is it time for your "Nightmare" mode play through? :) Who needs any craftables, working gadgets or even a health meter?

Actually have you tried the Alien: Blackout mobile game? It is sort of like a mini Alien Isolation. Even has the Amanda voice actress.
hahah, I am trying to beat the game on hard now. Shall never try it on nightmare. Maybe a few mins out of curiosity, but that's too much. I dont think I will ever vanquish the cookie monster.

did you try that game then? I havent. I have the Samsung A6 which I got recently to replace my previous phone, a 10 years old phone that wasnt working properly nor it was compatible with anything anymore. But I am not a big fan of gaming on a mobile phone. When I had a Windows phone, I liked to play GBA emulators, the experience wasnt bad at all tbh.

Last edited:
did you try that game then? I havent. I have the Samsung A6 which I got recently to replace my previous phone, a 10 years old phone that wasnt working properly nor it was compatible with anything anymore. But I am not a big fan of gaming on a mobile phone. When I had a Windows phone, I liked to play GBA emulators, the experience wasnt bad at all tbh.
Yeah I have had Alien Blackout since its release (2018?). I think it will run on anything new-ish. I usually play on a NVidia Shield Tablet and that's from 2014. It's an interesting game. You play as Amanda but you are locked away in a duct at a control panel. You control cameras, motion trackers, and doors while guiding other people through areas with an Alien. Story unfolds with lots of dialog as you help them get through. But the Alien might come for you in the duct too. :) It has some pretty fancy 3D rendering for a mobile game. The camera feeds almost look like Alien Isolation.

It is a shame there doesn't seem to be any developments for a new Alien survival horror. That Aliens Fireteam isn't my sort of thing and that's the biggest development in years.

Though I came across this retro-style indie Aliens Eradication game on the TouYube. It's got some atmosphere for what it is.

Last edited:
Yeah I have had Alien Blackout since its release (2018?). I think it will run on anything new-ish. I usually play on a NVidia Shield Tablet and that's from 2014. It's an interesting game. You play as Amanda but you are locked away in a duct at a control panel. You control cameras, motion trackers, and doors while guiding other people through areas with an Alien. Story unfolds with lots of dialog as you help them get through. But the Alien might come for you in the duct too. :) It has some pretty fancy 3D rendering for a mobile game. The camera feeds almost look like Alien Isolation.

It is a shame there doesn't seem to be any developments for a new Alien survival horror. That Aliens Fireteam isn't my sort of thing and that's the biggest development in years.

Though I came across this retro-style indie Aliens Eradication game on the TouYube. It's got some atmosphere for what it is.
thx for the recommendation, that's superb. The guy in the video recommends to play using a Mercenary -not a Colonist, which is underpowered- , I am downloading it while I am typing this. Shall share my impressions when I play it, although I guess I should install Doom first at least, I have it both on gamepass PC and Steam, iirc.

I've seen this video shared and never played that game. It's so impressive for the PS1.

this one is sooo fun. Wish we could see more games like this, with that atmosphere.

My fav is the girl at the 2m38s mark saying: "What? I put tea all over my pants..." :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Presumably featuring the classic green-screen, low resolution CRT monitors, fitted aboard a futuristic space ship.

Presumably featuring the classic green-screen, low resolution CRT monitors, fitted aboard a futuristic space ship.
All of which display text like the data is being transferred over a 75baud modem. It's funny how late 1970s / early 1980s movies failed to predict how future display technology might advance, but having weirdly slower text readouts than computers of the time was baffling.

Sony-Trinitron-%E2%80%93-Total-Recall-1.jpg

Didn't you know, people will go back to Sony Trinitrons in 2084, when Total Recall (1990 version with Schwarzenegger) is set. Although Johnny Cabs seem like a good bet, with self-crashing (driving) cars.

Back