Ahahaha, what a fun morning!

Sobek

Locally Operating
Veteran
So basically it's been an OK morning, the sun came out for a brief moment before returning to lovely shade and rain, and i've just finished breakfast.

But that's where the fun started. This irate, drug-addicted, drug-starved hyped up squatter who lives in a burnt out shack next to a property we rent out (that he and his deranged wife/girlfriend/whatever IT is burnt to the ground in the first place) decided to come in and pay us a visit. This guy is a weedy, 40-odd year old bucktoothed chain smoking lowlife who basically exists in a constant state of immense delusion, who also believes that if you so much as shift in your chair, you're disagreeing with him...

So basically this crazed fool comes in and starts talkingtalkingtalkingtalkingyellingyellingYELLINGYELLING, then starts sticking his finger out right across our counter, screaming about god knows what....apparently our perfect tenants, a couple with two children, invaded his 'home' and forced him to smoke various forms of drugs, before stealing his money and his car and stripping down naked to 'create allegations against him', or some bullshit. It was at this point where he started yelling loud enough to break ceiling lights and scare off everyone within a 30 lightyear radius, that I was ready to just drop the guy right there. Unfortunately at this same time, my mother (Principal of the office) was on the phone to the police, with a cruiser on the way to arrest this fool). So I simply played it safe and stood there as 'the muscle' (being the big guy I am), waiting for the police. Unfortunately, he left shortly before the police were meant to get here (of which they STILL haven't arrived, tsk tsk).

I was wondering... If this guy were to return and continue with his extremely threatening attitude and near-physical agression (and refusal to vacate the office), what would happen if I put this man down? Do I need to be physically assaulted first to 'justify' any responding action, or can I take care of business in the name of self-defense or something.

This is going to be an interesting day indeed. :cool:

*edit* Hehaha, the cops came in finally (we got a new guy to the coast and his partner), and they were cool about it all. Basically told me "If you do anything, do it in self defense". So that was nice :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish, but sadly no. I mean physically disable him, put him in a sleeper hold, knock him out, any of those. The officer pretty much OK'd that though given the situation. The guy didn't return, but we've organised to have the remains of the building they're squatting in (the one they burnt down) knocked over and cleared out, so they have no choice but to leave. Dirty bastards...

Dirty bastards...
Im not sure about this guy, but 2 days ago I had a homeless guy threaten one of my workers who was on a ladder at the time. While we waited for the cops, this guy robs someone and uses the stolen cell phone to assault someone else. Within 30 minutes he has basically assaulted/robbed/threatened 5 or so individuals. When the cops came and arrested him, we saw all the bruises he had on his body while the cop searched him. I felt more sorry for him then anything .... :???:

Dude, just kick his arse thoroghly so he never thinks about coming near you again. Break him an arm or something and tell him you spared his life this time just because you're being nice today.

I'm sorry if you answered this but I didn't gather where this incident took place, Sobek. Your office?

I'm sorry if you answered this but I didn't gather where this incident took place, Sobek. Your office?

Sorry, it was at our office, yes. You should have seen all the tourists bolting for the nearest exits all over the place.

Im not sure about this guy, but 2 days ago I had a homeless guy threaten one of my workers who was on a ladder at the time. While we waited for the cops, this guy robs someone and uses the stolen cell phone to assault someone else. Within 30 minutes he has basically assaulted/robbed/threatened 5 or so individuals. When the cops came and arrested him, we saw all the bruises he had on his body while the cop searched him. I felt more sorry for him then anything .... :???:

Bruises...from the cops? If so, I would probably be less inclined to feel sorry for someone like that if they'd just gone and done all those things to people around me. Though I suppose there's a difference for me, this guy isn't homeless...he had a home, but because he's a batshit insane drug addict, he burnt it down. The only reason he's not homeless is because of squatters rights (which is utter bullshit I might add). The way I see it, this guy chose to become what he is, he chose to use drugs and he chose to come and abuse us in the process... I just have a hard time feeling sorry for someone like that. But I can totally understand where you're coming from. A couple of times I thought to myself "What would this guy be like if he wasn't on drugs and living in the burnt out remains of a shack and had a stable job?", but it's just never going to happen sadly.

Dude, just kick his arse thoroghly so he never thinks about coming near you again. Break him an arm or something and tell him you spared his life this time just because you're being nice today.

Noted :D

Want I should come by and rough the guy up a bit for ya? :|

Want to use the company jet? :LOL:

Bruises...from the cops?
He had them before he started going crazy around us. The cops actually treated him pretty good. We all could see that he was just mentally not there. From what we didnt know, but we probably all felt a bit sorry for him. The cops did charge him with a few assault charges, so hope he gets some help in jail.

epic

Thanks for the links.

That's weird! AFAIK we have no such thing in Sweden. Yes it has happened that a bunch of youths have occupied a house, but it's just a matter of time before they are thrown out. The only similar thing I can think of is if someone rents an appartement, and stop paying. Then it can take several months before you can throw them out. But nobody would get the rights to a house like that.

But on the other hand, I don't think there are a lot of houses standing empty for long times around here.

with a stern stare, just sing "ol doggay, you're gonna get your lumps, ol doggay, you're gonna get some bumps." over and over again. see what he does. in court, when he says you did that, it will 'fit' with the rest of his lunatic testimony about the people who stripped nekkid and stole his car.

I'm thinking........tazer.

Yep. That'd do the trick juuuuuuust fine.. He can try explaining his squatter's rights with 60.000 volts pouring through his bosy. :LOL:

Are those legal in Oz?

Peace.

What suburb are you in ?

Me? Our office is in Mooloolaba. In the weather thread I posted a picture from right out the front of our office during the killer rain of the last week.

with a stern stare, just sing "ol doggay, you're gonna get your lumps, ol doggay, you're gonna get some bumps." over and over again. see what he does. in court, when he says you did that, it will 'fit' with the rest of his lunatic testimony about the people who stripped nekkid and stole his car.

Dude...just, rofl :LOL:

I'm thinking........tazer.

Yep. That'd do the trick juuuuuuust fine.. He can try explaining his squatter's rights with 60.000 volts pouring through his bosy. :LOL:

Are those legal in Oz?

Peace.

As far as I know, totally legal. I'm sure there's probably one around here somewhere anyway :p

Back