A question on Mobo's

1) can you run an ATI card i.e X1900XT with a NF4 mobo right? If so .. can a person have two X1900XT's running on a NF4 mobo?
2)I've read the NF4 mobo's are currently still better than the ATI Mobo's. Is this correct?

Thx

US

*edit* Sorry for typos .. typing too quick and thinking even quicker

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Yes you can run ATI cards on nforce4 boards. You can most likely run two x1900xts on nforce4 sli boards, but I highly doubt crossfire mode will work.

2) No. Sapphire PURE Innovation are awesome cards. However they are intended for overclockers and you will have to spend quite some time tweaking the board to get the best performance. Though the more popular (and expensive) memory modules have guidelines for rough timings posted over at xtremesystems forum. They do have one drawback and that is low USB transferrates so if you have a USB DV camera for example you would want nforce4 or uli chipset.

Next version of atis chipsets are imminent I hear so you may want to hold off with the order (I take it you're thinking of ordering hehe) until after the x1900 launch. My guess is they launch the chipset at the same time.

EDIT: Oh and the low scores for onboard LAN (marvel) seen on some reviews is the fault of the reviewer not the board, you enable a tweak for NB<->SB and they'll have good performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back