A notebook with 6.8 Ghz CPU and 1 TB of RAM ???

What the hell is all this? and how the hell did they make 1TB stick of Synchronous RAM?

Lies, Lies I tell you!!!...LIES!!!

Heres the specs for the single stick of RAM....

Specifications [200-pin SODIMM]:
1) DC Input Voltage : 1.4V ±5%
2) Standby : <0.25µA
3) Read : 1.0 µA
4) Write: 1.5 µA
5) Reading time : 0.3 ns
6) Update time : 0.5 ns
7) Temperature Operating : -50+125 C
8) Humidity Operating : 5 - 95%
9) Shack Operating [max] : 2,000G

The expected seling price.is $6000 .

I would like to say WTF in a most emphasizing manner..

Fruitfrenzy said:
Given that the pictures are clearly of headphone plugs it is all obviously nonsense.

http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page3.html

There comparing the module to something (i'm still not sure what)....and it has to do with some type of optical mechanism (also not sure what it is)....i'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psikotiko said:
http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html

Windows XP 32 bit supports 4GB of physical memory. 64 bit edition supports 128GB.

How did they make Windows XP recognise 1TB of Ram?

Excellent question.
Maybe they run Windows XP on a virtual machine.
Is there any version of Linux which can support 1TB of RAM ?
If yes then it is possible to run a virtual machine such as VMWARE and run Windows on top of this.

Java_man said:
Excellent question.
Maybe they run Windows XP on a virtual machine.
Is there any version of Linux which can support 1TB of RAM ?
If yes then it is possible to run a virtual machine such as VMWARE and run Windows on top of this.

Vmware supports 64 bit hosts, but only 32 bit guests.
If you had a linux host with 1TB of ram, the guest (Windows XP) has to be the 32 bit version.
Even if you could install Windows XP 64 bit as a guest, the maximum amount of Ram in that virtual machine will always be 128 GB.

Was a long time since I saw a bigger pile of amateurishly made props and bad photochop jobs than this. Obviously this is all a bunch of hooey, fake, made-up, etc. Why anyone would think for even a second this was real is beyond me. It's kind of an irrelevant discussion to wonder how to make windows recognize 1TB of memory when the entire product site is a total fraud.

In the last picture, why are the lenses pointing upwards..... into the cover?

Also (as others have mentioned) WinXP reconizing 1-2TB of RAM?......... uhhhhhhhhhh no?

EDIT: There are several awards on one of the pages, they're claiming they've won gold awards at expos which I can't find any proof of. Unless I'm not looking properly (I just looked up the inpex one)

cloudscapes said:

In the last picture, why are the lenses pointing upwards..... into the cover?

Also (as others have mentioned) WinXP reconizing 1-2TB of RAM?......... uhhhhhhhhhh no?

EDIT: There are several awards on one of the pages, they're claiming they've won gold awards at expos which I can't find any proof of. Unless I'm not looking properly (I just looked up the inpex one)

CES 2005
http://cesweb.org/attendees/awards/innovations/rd_2005honorees.asp?category=48
where they showed a Laptop based on the same memory tech, no mechanical part.

about INPEX, no one said it was the 2005 one, and i cant find the 2004 one on their site
their product seems realy farfetched, but they seem legit.

Regarding 1TB RAM: There is this technology out there which would most likely make it possible (unified HD/RAM as most said), and THAT technology at least is for real (although it still seems too early for prototypes imo, and I won't believe in a 6.8Ghz CPU, thank you very much): http://colossalstorage.net/
The latency & bandwidth info is hard to find, but I remember finding their current estimate in one of their semi-marketing PDFs. IIRC, it was worse latency-wise than current RAM, but better bandwidth-wise, but it's been a looong time since I looked at those numbers.

Before anyone misunderstands me though, I'm pretty sure this one product is BS, though.

Uttar

its 4x1.7 CPU`s not a 6.8one. yeah if this product was real i think we would have heared about it by now, but they did showed a working laptop in CES based on the same thechonoly they cailm can reach upto 1TB per module.

DOGMA1138 said:
CES 200
http://cesweb.org/attendees/awards/innovations/rd_2005honorees.asp?category=48
where they showed a Laptop based on the same memory tech, no mechanical part.

about INPEX, no one said it was the 2005 one, and i cant find the 2004 one on their site
their product seems realy farfetched, but they seem legit.

I went to the 2004 simply by changing the bit in the address bar from 05 to 04 ;). Couldn't find earlier than 04 though.

Regarding the chips looking like CF cards, I have a camera that uses them and I have to admit that I was struck by the same feeling.

Also, if I were to fake a laptop at a showroom to show off WinXP running off of 1TB, I could just simply change the strings in the Windows DLLs and EXEs from MB to TB.

If this were real and functional, wouldn't it be in every tech magazine imaginable? Wouldn't it be o nthe covers of Popular Science and everything?

I really want to call fake on this one, there atre too many inconsitancies.

Back