3DFX is back???

E706c6BVkAwXrmg

The copyright and trademarks lapsed in 2016. nVidia didn't use it, so they lose it.
Trademarks, yes. Copyrights, no. The minimum length of copyright protection for Berne convention signatories is life of the author + 50 years (and in most countries even longer).

Also note that the previous owner (at least in the EU) may make a "bad faith" objection to any renewed use if the objective of such a registration is to “free-ride” on the residual reputation of the abandoned mark.

If you say so, and that raises the question: why did a company such as Falcon Northwest post such a thing? This is all so peculiar...
Maybe they found the trolling funny and just went along with it?

If you look closely, you can see that the power plug seemingly running into the card from outside the case is just fixed there with glue or a wireholder or something, but the plug is actually visible.

That graphics card is an A6000.
Good eye! The back of the card looked pretty distinctive, I just didn't recognize it:

upload_2021-8-3_13-38-25.png

I'm betting that this means it's an nVidia thing and no new company at all. Probably some software or a special R3xxx edition with 3dfx in the name.

The power block on the Falcon Northwest pic is from the 6000 from 20 years ago. Perhaps someone there actually has access to one for his collection and proceeded to troll the PC community further.

The power block on the Falcon Northwest pic is from the 6000 from 20 years ago. Perhaps someone there actually has access to one for his collection and proceeded to troll the PC community further.
IIRC that version of Voodoo Volts was from the earlier prototypes with Intel bridge, latter using HiNT bridge had different power brick design

honestly, i won't even be mad if nVidia is bringing back the 3dfx name to, for example, maybe rebrand their Founders Edition cards in a more exciting way

I'm happy to see the logo again

Google tells me Jansen Products is a company that sells construction products..

At most, they're becoming an OEM that sells AMD or Nvidia (or Intel?) graphics cards.
At worst it's just trolling.

Someone was quick to point out that Jansen is close to nVIDIA CEO name. This might really be some weird marketing ploy. Selling older GeForce cards under a resurrected brand? Not long ago they were still manufacturing 1050Tis to cope up with demand. That doesn't fall into TVs and smartphones, but hey that might be a distraction. Although that A6000 is anything but older and weaker card...

Back