3d industry reshuffle

Rookie

Newcomer
Sorry,due to My poor English and knowledge,I ll left more to u to discuss it...

1.3DLabs&Creative

according to the report of Zdnet,creative will aim on mid-high end gaming market,the first 3Dlabs tech grahpics will available this year-end..
but from the talk of Creative CEO,Creative only target Console market?

as u know,3Dlabs was not good at making gaming card,will this change after creative buy 3DLabs?

But there is onthing I have to point out,3DLabs have OGL2.0,the future Grahpics standard.

2.ATI

ATI is busy doing DX9 with Microsoft,but Nvidia CEO said like this:About DX9,I know there r many rumors.But when is available,u ll know
who lauch the product first,Microsoft or Nvidia.

3.Bitboys&Matrox?

Maybe Bitboys has tired and licensed the tech to Matrox?u should notice MURC's Parhelia rumors:

"It is fast. It will have a new memory design, different from all current video cards. Memory speed will be faster than the current fastest (a GeForce4). Faster by a huge margin of victory (~19GB/s bandwidth)."

woo,sounds very like the former Glaze3d specs...

4.Nvidia&3dfx(Gigapixel)

that's no question,NV30 will include Rampage tech and more Gigapixel tech...

5.VIA/STMicro?

Will VIA buy STMicro? but after VIA buy S3,we cant c VIA do some outstanding product,only some intergrate graphics core,I really doubt VIA.Lets wait and c when Glombia will find the new continent...

but from the talk of Creative CEO,Creative only target Console market?

Actually, no. In the conference call, the question was raised about the possibility of entering the console market with 3D Labs technology. Creative's response was along the lines of "it's possible", but not a market they are currently targeting at this time. They will initially be focused on the ultra-high end professional market, and the high-end gaming market.

But there is onthing I have to point out,3DLabs have OGL2.0,the future Grahpics standard.

To be more accurate, the OpenGL ARB has the GL 2.0 standard. Though 3D Labs has indeed taken the pro-active lead in developing the spec.

ATI is busy doing DX9 with Microsoft,but Nvidia CEO said like this:About DX9,I know there r many rumors.But when is available,u ll know
who lauch the product first,Microsoft or Nvidia.

I personally think that both nVidia and ATI will launch DX9 products at a similar time, though I expect ATI's part to be "more compliant" with the DX9 spec than nVidia.

3.Bitboys&Matrox?

I personally doubt that Matrox is using a bitboys design. I do expect matrox to have a new part out by year-end, and don't expect to hear much about bit-boys for another year or two...if ever.

5.VIA/STMicro?

I'm not expecting anything worthwhile (from a PC gamer's perspective) from the PowerVR camp this year. Maybe next year, depending on who, if anyone, buys STM or announces a new licensing deal from IMG Tech.

Basically, I think by x-mas or early 2003, we'll have 4 "significant" players in the market that I am interested in: high-end gaming:

nVidia
ATI
Creative Labs/3D Labs
Matrox

2003 should be a very good year for the PC gamer! I only hope that all of these parts are fairly "compatible", and don't cause major headaches for developers.

Back