[360, PS3] Wolfenstein

Doom3 engine monumentally sucks in x360. Actually is hard to believe that there is another engine who shucks so much in a platform like doom3 in xbox360.
Even in prey , which is better optimized than quake4 , there are some slight framedrops and you can still play the game with better graphics and framerate in your pc with an ancient 7800-256mb.

That post just doesn't make any sense at all.

edit: and neither does the one above this post...
7800 low to mid end... yeah...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
7800/256MB is 1.5 year old and after the release of 8800 its safe to say that it is a low to medium end card for a pc.

Its an older card, yes. But its still on par with many cards out today and it'd certainly be considered a great card for PC gaming on. Maybe this is an issue that console gamers typically have this image that you must have a brand new card for gaming, not true at all, but oh well. Hell, I game on a 6800GS at this point.

That doesnt change the fact that doom3 engine sucks with xbox360. This is my point and not how well it can performs with a pc card.
Besides few years before it was a very good engine. Today doom3 is dated and completely illegal for use in any next gen game. This is why he must working in a new engine right now.

Quake Wars a very next generation game is using a modified version of the Doom 3 engine. I'm sorry to tell you, but very few games have yet to really surpase the abilities of a heavily modified version of the Doom 3 engine. Games up to this point on the engine have been limited in their developers art abilites. Hell, look at the Source engine for examples of a not so next generation engine that is truly propeled to amazing status with good art. Unreal 3 can look like shit or look amazing depending on its art assets.

If the work is done then Doom 3 engine could certainly perform decently on Xbox 360.

I decided to revive this thread rather than start a new one, but I just played the 360 demo.. I guess it's been out for a week or two, and I was surprised.

After all the negative reviews and comments I'd read about the game, I was expected a completely sloppy and unplayable game.

I had a BLAST playing the demo. A bit of new features, and almost 100% Wolfenstein. It FELT like Wolfenstein. One of the major criticisms was supposedly that in the days of COD, etc, this game provided nothing new from other FPS.

Other FPS don't feel like Wolfenstein. The demo did. As a fan of the series, back to the original, I was thrilled to find how fun it is. I might actually go buy this game.

I decided to revive this thread rather than start a new one, but I just played the 360 demo.. I guess it's been out for a week or two, and I was surprised.

After all the negative reviews and comments I'd read about the game, I was expected a completely sloppy and unplayable game.

I had a BLAST playing the demo. A bit of new features, and almost 100% Wolfenstein. It FELT like Wolfenstein. One of the major criticisms was supposedly that in the days of COD, etc, this game provided nothing new from other FPS.

Other FPS don't feel like Wolfenstein. The demo did. As a fan of the series, back to the original, I was thrilled to find how fun it is. I might actually go buy this game.

I felt the same way.... I expected garbage and it had a LOT of really nice elements to it.

I too was surprised at how much I liked it and how the gun play felt and how good the graphics were.

I had a lot of fun too, it was a great demo, good controls, good action, interesting upgrade system.

The only thing missing here is a 30M$ marketing campaign. Reviewers will never give a fair shake to a game they "haven't heard about", like it or not. This game will probably bomb despite its quality.

It`s a solid game.
I liked the idea of an open city to explore on your way to the next objective/level.
If you want to get the 360 version : I don`t know if there`s already a patch , but there`s a bug that can cause savegame corruption so back up your saves frequently.I know 3 people with the 360 version, happened to all of them. Didn`t have probs on the PC.
MP looks horrible, at least a 50% drop in graphics and animation.

It`s a solid game.
I liked the idea of an open city to explore on your way to the next objective/level.
If you want to get the 360 version : I don`t know if there`s already a patch , but there`s a bug that can cause savegame corruption so back up your saves frequently.I know 3 people with the 360 version, happened to all of them. Didn`t have probs on the PC.
MP looks horrible, at least a 50% drop in graphics and animation.

The MP uses a different engine (based off ETQW) and has a 30hz game logic limit which leads to laggy movement feel and jerky animation. SP uses an evolved id Tech 4 engine built by Raven using Direct3D (even on PC) with deferred lighting, soft stencil shadows, and havoc physics (and more).

From what I read about the PC version it's like night and day. On SP you might get 60fps at max settings, then jump on MP and you get 30fps on minimum settings.

Back