[360, PS3] Wolfenstein

So far the most interesting thing I've heard about the next Wolfenstein is this from scifi.com...

Yeah, that's what has me interested as well. I've defintely been getting sick of 'the game-spanning corridor/canyon' recently, it's a little over-used as a way to structure an fps game IMO. People seem happy with stuff like wall walking and physics guns and other gimmicks thrown into the same old, but I want to see some games doing something different than just having the player run as far up the one-way street they can until the credits roll, triggering monster spawns and scripted scenes at set points on the way.

"The new game promises unmatched exploration, action and espionage.". Sounds like it coule be right up my alley. :)

Oh cool, its a Wolfenstien cloan of GTA. Wonderful................ not.

I don't think offering a non-linear single world level equates a game to GTA clone status. We could take that attitude and say GTA was only a Driver/Driver2 clone and keep that argument going all the way back to Zork on the Commodore 64.

That's basically saying they will "use 100% of the X360's capabilities" and we all know that those kind of claims are both not very accurate and a bit useless too. It's marketing speak, not technical, as it is impossible to get 100% utilisation out of a platform.

That might be true but what i am getting from their words is that they are trying very hard to produce an amasing looking game that will take advantage of the 360.That's good enough for me.

Huh, I only played the demo, but it ran pretty rough.

I don't know whether there are differences between the demo and final release, but I'd say that the final runs pretty much locked 30fps. Granted 30 is not 60 or more, but 30fps is pretty smooth and I don't remember it dropping from that. atleast it was only on rare occasion.

Huh, I only played the demo, but it ran pretty rough.

The people I know who have the retail version say it runs a lot better than the demo which the reviews seem to substantiate. But I don't own it so I cannot comment personally. Do you have a rental store near by?

May I ask you why are we talking about Doom 3 engine games even though the game is supposed to run at completely new engine optimized for Xbox 360?

I never had any issues with Prey's framerate,but Quake 4 both ran and looked worse IMO.

By all accounts Q4 ran craptistic on the 360.

May I ask you why are we talking about Doom 3 engine games even though the game is supposed to run at completely new engine optimized for Xbox 360?

Hmmm good point ;) It could be the Raven factor though...

'Cause from what I understand Wolfenstein is built on the Doom3 engine and Carmack's new engine is for a new IP.

And yeah Acert I could rent Prey from a number of places, but I already own it for my PC and beat it twice now so I'll just take others words that the full version runs better than the demo.

Doom3 engine monumentally sucks in x360. Actually is hard to believe that there is another engine who shucks so much in a platform like doom3 in xbox360.
Even in prey , which is better optimized than quake4 , there are some slight framedrops and you can still play the game with better graphics and framerate in your pc with an ancient 7800-256mb.

If Carmack is so genius as people use to say , he is surelly working in a whole new engine for wolfenstein.

Doom3 engine monumentally sucks in x360. Actually is hard to believe that there is another engine who shucks so much in a platform like doom3 in xbox360.
Even in prey , which is better optimized than quake4 , there are some slight framedrops and you can still play the game with better graphics and framerate in your pc with an ancient 7800-256mb.

If Carmack is so genius as people use to say , he is surelly working in a whole new engine for wolfenstein.

How in the hell is a 7800 ancient? News flash dude but that card is almost as powerful as what's in those "Next-Generation" consoles....

Carmack designed the Doom 3 engine to be a PC one and he did a fairly good job as far as performance goes. You can enjoy the games that use the engine on a computer with a 9800 Pro or better with decent eye candy. Its not his fault that he didnt design the engine with consoles several years away in mind and its not his fault the developers couldnt optimize the engine enough for the consoles they chose to release it on.

How in the hell is a 7800 ancient? News flash dude but that card is almost as powerful as what's in those "Next-Generation" consoles....
7800/256MB is 1.5 year old and after the release of 8800 its safe to say that it is a low to medium end card for a pc.
Carmack designed the Doom 3 engine to be a PC one and he did a fairly good job as far as performance goes. You can enjoy the games that use the engine on a computer with a 9800 Pro or better with decent eye candy.
That doesnt change the fact that doom3 engine sucks with xbox360. This is my point and not how well it can performs with a pc card.
Besides few years before it was a very good engine. Today doom3 is dated and completely illegal for use in any next gen game. This is why he must working in a new engine right now.

Back