[360, ps3]r.u.s.e.

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
There's a demo up on PSN. I just played it. I do love the map view, zooming in/out for the level of control required. However, I couldn't really get on with the dual-stick controls. It's too cumbersome.

I also didn't get the artillery that ended the demo. I thought this was a WWII combat game, taking liberties because you can create units in the field much like other RTSes, but
I was given a nuclear artillery that could fire tactical nukes and vapourise areas of enemy units.
. I don't remember that featuring in the war!

I've read that "bonus" thing is just for demo. So it wont be a missfit for the WWII theme in full game AFAIK. Crazy though..

There's a demo up on PSN. I just played it. I do love the map view, zooming in/out for the level of control required. However, I couldn't really get on with the dual-stick controls. It's too cumbersome.

You probably already saw it, but just for completion's sake, here it is with Move controls (the demo already supports Move):

I'm definitely interested, may get it just because of the combination of Move and RTS - I've wanted to play one on the consoles, but the last C&C demo didn't capture me, and this looks very appealing.

As for the spoiler, expect the unexpected, I'd say. After all, this is a French game, and it's not like it would be necessarily interesting if you had to play exactly the way WWII went from start to finish.;)

Also, this game has multi-player ...

This game... I shall buy regardless of the review coz it's a step in the right direction for Move. Don't want to be swarmed by waggle titles.

This game... I shall buy regardless of the review coz it's a step in the right direction for Move. Don't want to be swarmed by waggle titles.

Reviews seem good though. Edge even gave it 8/10.

R.U.S.E. (FPS on PC, 360 and PS3 with Move)

RUSE got another 8/10, from Eurogamer. They promise Move impressions as soon as the PS3 version is on the market (as usual, they got the 360 version for review), which for Eurogamer should be Friday.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-07-r-u-s-e-review

Edge gave it 8/10 as well.

Demo is up on most platforms right now, including the PS3 which already has Move support. Video of that here:

Framerate was a bit jittery when moving around. I also noticed that the animation fps dynamically changed so you'd have these stuttery infantry running right beside smoothly animated ones. LOD was quite impressive, and I'm not sure what AA they're using but it looks sub-HD on PS3.

Framerate was a bit jittery when moving around. I also noticed that the animation fps dynamically changed so you'd have these stuttery infantry running right beside smoothly animated ones. LOD was quite impressive, and I'm not sure what AA they're using but it looks sub-HD on PS3.

If its sub-HD I didn't notice it. I think the LOD/texturing probably just gives it that impression at some zoom levels?

Are you playing the demo or the real game ? I checked PSN this afternoon, it's not there yet.

What isn't there yet? I don't think the full game will be anything other than a disc game ... ?

Oh, I thought it's a PSN game. >_<

My EyePet game is ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon. Will see if RUSE is in GameStop.

You may be confused with Under Siege, which is the other RTS game with custom maps and such that is actually a PSN only game.

Look forward to your EyePet impressions next week - since my old PS3 is now repaired I can also use my EyePet disc again ... :D

I broke down and got this game cause my PS Move was collecting dust. It was either this or the Fight, but this one got good reviews and I can play it sitting down.

Well after the essential firmware update and install, got to play several of the early missions on the campaign. Impression so far not very good.

I am not getting the hang of the control. Actually I am very confused as how the control function. I got 3 same type units under my command and I can only select one at a time or all 3 units. I can't seem to select just 2 of the 3 units and give command. I have to do it one by one. Well it's ok with 3 units, but this is just the beginning, it'll get tedious if I get more unit. What am I doing wrong ?

Also how do you view the status of each unit ? I have trouble differentiating the different unit too. Infantry and the freaking anti tank look freaking alike to me.

Another thing sometimes the cursor doesn't turn into crosshair when I move it over the enemy unit, what's up with that ? That's basically the story so far for me with this game, I just don't know what's going on to enjoy the game. I completed missions as if the game playing by itself.

Watching Starcraft 2 battle is interesting, this on the other hand is like watching paint dry.

I really feel like returning the game, someone please enlighten me.

The tutorial in the demo taught me all those things. Is the full game different?

There is a tutorial ? You mean the early missions of the campaign ? Anyway, I watched some videos on it, it explains a bit more. But I still find the control to be wonky at best. It just didn't click with me. To be honest WW2 RTS is really not my cup of tea to begin with. I am going to try to take this game back. I fell asleep playing it yesterday. Gonna exchange it with another Move game, probably between the Shoot or Fight Light Out or maybe NBA2k11, that one got Jordan for some reason.

Mind you the Move is functional with this game, but the game is just wonky in how it behaves. Should have just implement the control scheme from that Move tech demo vid they showed.

So much for Kinect not being good enough for controlling RUSE. :D Evoluce is doing some nice work. I may actually be tempted to buy RUSE on PC if Evoluce releases that driver.

Regards,
SB

Back