[360, ps3]r.u.s.e.

So much for Kinect not being good enough for controlling RUSE. :D Evoluce is doing some nice work. I may actually be tempted to buy RUSE on PC if Evoluce releases that driver.

Regards,
SB

I find it kinda strange because the reveal trailer actually looked more like a kinect rts to me then one you should play on the controller.

So much for Kinect not being good enough for controlling RUSE. :D Evoluce is doing some nice work. I may actually be tempted to buy RUSE on PC if Evoluce releases that driver.

Regards,
SB

It's currently missing a lot of contol features though! There's no camera movement at all for instance, no zooming, etc. But it does show that at limited distance you can do multitouch and fairly decent mouse control. Then again, I think there are a few other demoes that showed this as well?

Compare, say, to iWaggle's overview of the RUSE PS3 demo with Move, to see all the stuff he's not doing yet with Kinect, and which may be hard to implement.

Still, it's doing much better at these things than I expected, that's for sure.

It would be quite tiring/hectic/frustrating to move back and forth quickly during real gameplay for 30 minutes or more. I mean RUSE is not an easy or kind game. ^_^ The player will need speed and precision to succeed (e.g., You need to deploy your troops swiftly and precisely to take advantage of the terrain for ambush).

Yes, definitely not as robust a level of controls as Move (and most likely never will be), but certainly appears, even at this early experimental stage, to be somewhat compelling as an enhancement to either Keyboard or console controller. I'd like to see them add voice commands, but I don't think Evoluce does anything with voice. Simple commands such as stop, attack, Squad 1, Squad 2, etc. should be fairly easy to integrate.

Regards,
SB

Oh definitely. I think you could do a pretty decent Star Trek crew type controls with it.

They may need to change the pace of the game. Using mouse or controller should be faster. Keyboard is probably best for shortcuts such as activating pre-selected groups, or jump to user-defined areas quickly. These controls can be used for an extended period of time.

Voice command, if accurate, can probably do macros or common menu selection also. But it may be awkward to play multiplayer games with it.

They may need to change the pace of the game. Using mouse or controller should be faster. Keyboard is probably best for shortcuts such as activating pre-selected groups, or jump to user-defined areas quickly. These controls can be used for an extended period of time.

Voice command, if accurate, can probably do macros or common menu selection also. But it may be awkward to do multiplayer with it.

Don't know how did Tom Clancy End war play with the voice control?
Divide the map in sections like a chess board say something like go to A1 and the game goes to that section but dont think console players are into this kind of complexity.

RUSE is pretty complex and hectic. ^_^

Zone the map or let user define an area... it doesn't really matter. Once the areas are defined, the user can say where they want to go (or just press a function key). I don't know how they deal with multi-player voice control though.

Back