360: New life in Japan?

You are right, but I am looking at it more from the, "The 360 is doing worse than the original Xbox". I cannot help think that while the content is driving some sales -- as you noted! -- that in the big picture this doesn't tell us that "it proven that the Japnese will in fact buy the thing if you scratch their particular itches". I am not sure 100k sales tells us that much, at least not imo as it doesn't "prove" much about Japanese gamers in general (for the reasons I gave about), if that makes sense. Basically a semantic, but I am not disagreeing totally, just on the prove&Japanese part ;)

Well if it is 100K i think it does go quite a way to saying that maybe it isnt the brand, or the american roots the 360 has, which has kept it in the sales cellar, maybe it actually is the content. (as geo stated)

If BD and LO do indeed prove that, i think MS would be very pleased since you can always pay to get content on your platform whereas you cant pay a nation to respect your product.

You are right, but I am looking at it more from the, "The 360 is doing worse than the original Xbox". I cannot help think that while the content is driving some sales -- as you noted! -- that in the big picture this doesn't tell us that "it proven that the Japnese will in fact buy the thing if you scratch their particular itches". I am not sure 100k sales tells us that much, at least not imo as it doesn't "prove" much about Japanese gamers in general (for the reasons I gave about), if that makes sense. Basically a semantic, but I am not disagreeing totally, just on the prove&Japanese part ;)

One thing I think you are forgetting.

That's 100k units sold in one week, and it's not during a system launch.

Is there any more information than Next-Gen's survey of selected Tokyo retailers to base this speculation that MS has achived 100k pre-orders?

According to magic-box, the 360 sold 1300 units the week of 16-22.....

I guess the game/combo doesn't go on "sale" until December though. I am not sure pre-orders (with downpayment?) count as sold? Seems very unlikely that 1,300 units is all they moved though. Guess we have to wait and see.

I guess the game/combo doesn't go on "sale" until December though. I am not sure pre-orders (with downpayment?) count as sold? Seems very unlikely that 1,300 units is all they moved though. Guess we have to wait and see.

No 1,300 is what they sold, but you are right that doesn't include the combo pack.

Back