Microsoft’s Complete Xbox 360/Live Stat Attack!

nintenho

Veteran
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7222&Itemid=53

BLOG - Next-Gen received an email from Microsoft detailing all the up-to-date Xbox 360 facts and stats - there are a lot of them. It would have made for a bit of a crappy written story so here are the stats and figures as they arrived in our mailbox.

It's way too long to copy every single thing so here are a few of the stats:

*More than 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles have sold across the 37 countries where it is currently available. Xbox LIVE is currently available in 25 countries across the globe.

*There are more than 250 games available today on Xbox 360, including 86 Xbox LIVE Arcade games.

*Xbox 360 is the next-gen console with the largest games attach rate at an astounding 6.3 games sold per Xbox 360 owner.

*Xbox LIVE members have spent more than 3.2 billion hours playing games on Xbox LIVE with their friends around the world. That is equal to 137 million days or more than 376,000 years of gaming.

*Xbox LIVE Arcade has been a huge hit on Xbox 360, with nearly 70% of all connected consoles downloading and playing Xbox LIVE Arcade titles.

*Xbox LIVE Marketplace is now the leading provider of on-demand high-definition content in the U.S., providing more than twice the number of hours as leading cable operators.

*The average Xbox LIVE Gold subscriber has 23 friends on their Xbox LIVE friends list.

*More than 1.2 billion cross-game invites have been sent since the launch of Xbox 360.

All the categories are leadership, gaming, entertaiment, and social networking. There's also a list of the top 10 online games, arcade games, and demos. They probably released this list cause they expect halo 3 to break some of the records.:oops:

MS should be very proud of Live. It's a great service. Is it perfect? no but they certainly add to it and keep improving it. Props!

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how fast it started to grow. At first having demos was a BIG deal but now there's full movie rentals and "Bringing it Home" content.

ms are great at providing bullet points
A/ good enuf for 2nd place (ie they have been overtaken by nintendo very quickly)
B/ so?
C/ wasnt that above 7 a couple of months ago?
D/ wow big numbers but see above, large number of pppl == large numbers
hmmm not a single thing on the list is recordbreaking, sotell me why is it news?
It would have made for a bit of a crappy written story
so true

I'm not really posting it just so people see how well 360 is doing but so that they see what kind of market it has in general. Also, for an online service for consoles it's probably doing the best in what it can do. Did MS themselves really claim a worldwide software ratio of 7:1?

I think it puts into perspective what their focus has been since May of 2005 .... the LIVE 360 service.

this is amazing stuff IMO

6.3 games per system at this point in the lifecycle is incredible. Those kind of numbers ensure that most of the epic third party releases will be on X360.

Haha it just so happens I own exactly six games(not including arcade games).

Last edited by a moderator:
6 games, by the way, is that six discs or do Xbox Live Arcade games count as well?

6.3 games per system at this point in the lifecycle is incredible. Those kind of numbers ensure that most of the epic third party releases will be on X360.

Those numbers do sound good, but I wonder I it´s not partly due to the fact that Microsoft only shipped 1.6 million consoles in the first 6 months of 2007.

If Microsoft had continued to sell consoles at similar rates as during the first year of the 360 when they shipped 10 million consoles and they actually sold 5 million consoles in the first 6 months of 2007 as planned and those buyers bought new games at the same rate as the buyers in the first year, the average attach rate may likely have been much lower.

But in the marketing world you can always find some way to twist whatever number to your advantage. :)
Maybe we have to wait a little bit longer for those epic third party releases you are predicting.

Splitting hairs. 6.3 attach rate is awesome. The charts every month show X360 software moving a crazy amount of units given the size of the userbase. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

The Wii attach rate is a little above 4-1. Not bad for this point in it's life.

You have a link for that? Last I heard they were under 3.

The bigger question being of the 2 consoles attach rate, what is the attach rate of 3rd party games. Since that has a pretty strong bearing on future 3rd party support. Although that should probably be reserved for a different discussion (unless we seperate the 2 and don't compare them).

6 games, by the way, is that six discs or do Xbox Live Arcade games count as well?

That's a good question. I would like to see those numbers separated for all 3 platforms to give some (early) insight into their respective demographics and buying habits.

Back