2005 mustang on autotrader.. funny ad

Sxotty said:
He is obviously very smart :LOL:

Anyone who invests $6000 for the audio/video system is DAMN stupid IMO. The best are those guys which buy a car for $15000 and invest another $20k to mock it up... :LOL:

"Either way you slice it, anything with less than a V-8 is gonna be classified as a wanna-be sports car."

I wonder what he thinks of the Lotus Esprit Turbo then? The janitor at my high school had a pair of them, that's one hell of a ride. Pretty funny stuff though, who really wants a HD gaming system in the back of a sports car?

the maddman said:
I wonder what he thinks of the Lotus Esprit Turbo then? The janitor at my high school had a pair of them, that's one hell of a ride. Pretty funny stuff though, who really wants a HD gaming system in the back of a sports car?
Or a 996 turbo.
Of course he says he sced it but I doubt it will hold a candle to a real sports car with a stock suspension setup.
ps- he should know it's a pony car, not a sports car.
Sports cars are balanced designs, not all about pure HP.

Jimmers said:
Does 'Vortec' even make superchargers? Last I checked, 'Vortec' was a line of GM (ie != Ford) truck engines.

Actually I think the Vortecs may have worked their way into cars by now, though I"m not 100% on that. Either way, it is a GM engine :LOL:

the maddman said:
who really wants a HD gaming system in the back of a sports car?
Obviously a geeky gaming nerd! Speaks clearly about the mind-set about the car's owner; "REAL man", pshyeah, sure! :D

the maddman said:
I know what you mean but there are also V8 Esprits.

why do stupid people 'think' everyone's 'priorities' are the same as theirs? or should be, else you are 'lame'. typical. probably voted for bush. maybe even is bush.

the maddman said:
Yeah, but it's the little 4 that's impressive to me. They get a lot of power out of a tiny bit of engine.
HP per liter is just a number.
If you rev the piss out of an engine you're gonna make good power for the size as long as you have nice head(s) and a cam.
A better way to rate engines is BSFC.
Brake Specific Fuel Consumption is the ratio of fuel consumed (in lbs. per hour) to horsepower produced. This ratio is a direct indicator of how efficiently the engine converts fuel into power.
So it's one thing to rev the piss out an engine and it's another for to be efficient at turning air and fuel into power.
When you hear people saying rotary engines *rx7/8* are inefficient, this is what they're talking about.
The problem with rotaries is thermal loss(huge combustion chamber) and the combustion chamber shape isn't good.
The reason the exhausts are so hot on those is cuz they lose a bunch of heat out the exhaust.
I like high reving engines as much as the next guy, but making a bunch of power at hig rpm and about 0 torque isn't impressive.
When HP liter drops to the 40< range than that's when it gets pathetic and when you pull out the HP/liter argument since theres no reason a modern passenger V8 should make such little power for the size of the engine,
I personally think shooting for 1HP/Cubic inch is a good goal like American v8s go for.
Generally speaking the v8s still make plenty top end while still having lots of bottom end.
Fun facts: the LS7 in the C6 z06 makes 71hp/liter.
Pretty decent for a pushrod engine.

What in the world is a "multimedia mini plasma screen"? I know they started making 32" plasmas recently but I highly doubt he has 4 of those in there.

radeonic2 said:
since theres no reason a modern passenger V8 should make such little power for the size of the engine
Large (and typically, american) engines tend to be naturally aspirated from what I've seen. Maybe detroit should hook up a turbocharger to some of their offerings, these can be used in novel ways to actually reduce fuel consumption rather than increase it, and also boost low-range torque as well. Saab has done some quite interesting stuff with turbos over the years...

Back