16x supersampling (4xSS x 4xMS) amazing

radeonic2 said:
Well I can see the anti aliasing blurring the edges at 1024 but 1600x1200 with no aa looks better imho.

Antialiasing is not blurring any edges for one and second for one more time compare 1024 with or without AA or 1600 with or without AA, because the way you're phrasing it it sounds like AA is useless.

AA helps but it doesn't help a lot.

Not on your system due to understandable limitations.

I'm so glad xmas and my bday is coming up.. x800 time.
Btw which version is the one you can unlock to 16 pipes with good memory chips (x800xt specs?).

X800GTO2 I think.

Ailuros said:
Antialiasing is not blurring any edges for one and second for one more time compare 1024 with or without AA or 1600 with or without AA, because the way you're phrasing it it sounds like AA is useless.

Not on your system due to understandable limitations.

X800GTO2 I think.
Well blending.. it's quite clear at low res..
I managed to get a fraps demo cap at 1600x1200 with 2x fsaa.
The edge quality imo looks fine but the filtering is bad and for tracks that use alot of painting on them(like the edges of tracks) they're quite aliased up close and SSAA doesn't clean em up that much.
I tried to get a cap of 4xS and found the fps drops to like 4 when I start recording.
I tried just straight up 1x2 ssaa and same thing,
FPS is normally about 30 with those settings.
At 1600x1200 with 2x fsaa fps was around 40-50.
heres the video with xvid 3mb/s two pass (will update when done)
http://digitaljeff.org/mike/1600x12002xfsaa.avi
The jaggies are a exaggerated but it shows where they are and since it's capped at resized(fraps wouldnt let me do full)from 1600x1200 it's not nearly as clear as it is irl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back