100 hamsters gassed

Druga Runda

Sleepy Substitute
Regular
A hamster fur coat is not, as some might think, a covering designed to protect a small rodent from sub-zero temperatures.

It is instead an emerald green three-quarter length garment made with at least 100 pelts from Russian hamsters gassed to death to advance the cause of fashion.

The coats, named Sanya, are produced by the Austrian designer Lothar Repp for women with a disdain for animal rights and £1,750 to spare
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1159961,00.html

uh ah... I have a hamster at home :oops:

Druga Runda said:
A hamster fur coat is not, as some might think, a covering designed to protect a small rodent from sub-zero temperatures.

It is instead an emerald green three-quarter length garment made with at least 100 pelts from Russian hamsters gassed to death to advance the cause of fashion.

The coats, named Sanya, are produced by the Austrian designer Lothar Repp for women with a disdain for animal rights and £1,750 to spare
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1159961,00.html

uh ah... I have a hamster at home :oops:
so you only need 99 more.
How much does one hamster cost?

Gah, I didnt want that mental image thank you very much ... YOU would think it meant that now wouldnt you.

well my lovely little fella cost £6 only, and that's in the pet shop... as for reproduction I am not sure but I would bet for 10+ per year.

poor little guys :(

good point, i don't really subscribe to the idea that only human skin should be refrered to as flesh though i suppose it helps when trying to comunicate with those who do.

?? Not that this matters, but....

1a "The soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate, covering the bones and consisting mainly of skeletal muscle and fat. "

right. one, or the other, or both by definition; but only when it comes to humans by definition do we call skin flesh. terms like pelt and skin do not provoke the same images, which seems to me as a way of disassociating people with the true nature of what happens. i see it along the same lines as calling Iraqi solders "hajjes" or the Vietnamese "charlies"; and such pracitices i try to avoid. ;)

Back