10,056,138 ---- Houston, we have ignition!

If somebody miss it, here is the PDF version of the famous ad: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/temp/nytimes-firefox-final.pdf

:devilish: Me & my other half are among the names! :devilish:

Small preview: http://www.mozillastore.com/products/stuff/nytimesfirefox/viewlarge

Other good news:

**** Policy in effect starting December, 2004 ****

In Autumn of 2004 we have seen a dramatic increase in customer usage of the Mozilla/Firefox browser on our Web site. Mozilla has positioned their Firefox browser as a more secure, faster tool for browsing the Internet. Firefox has received a lot of visibility in the press, and this is contributing to the rapid conversion rates in our user population.

In order to support our customer's efforts to better control their online experiences (through the use of browser choice, security related issues and speed) we need to ensure that all pages will successfully render in this tool. To fail to do so would be a conflict with our Total Customer Experience (TCE) goals.

Effective immediately, HP.com will formally adopt the Firefox browser as a standard browser.

and further stuff: http://h10014.www1.hp.com/news/dec04.html

Besides this here's a good article, following the two-pages Thursday Firefox ad in NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/19/business/yourmoney/19digi.html
Currently the 2nd most mailed article.

More at http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ as usual...

Now, if FF could just fix the GUI issues, including graphics rendering speed, rendering errors (particulary in text boxes) and CPU load when running flash animations. Mouse wheel scroll, autoscroll and mouse forwards/back buttons pretty much stop working when CPU load is high.

Also, page redraws can cause clicks in winamp playback. Ungood!

Guden Oden said:
Now, if FF could just fix the GUI issues, including graphics rendering speed, rendering errors (particulary in text boxes) and CPU load when running flash animations. Mouse wheel scroll, autoscroll and mouse forwards/back buttons pretty much stop working when CPU load is high.

Also, page redraws can cause clicks in winamp playback. Ungood!

Never heard anything like this.

Most likely *user error*...

well...link that to Guden's post about problems with newer games and stuff...
i think someone needs at least formet c: :D

Guden Oden said:
Now, if FF could just fix the GUI issues, including graphics rendering speed, rendering errors (particulary in text boxes).
I agree. I want to use Firefox, but it still has way too many flaws. Especially table rendering is horrible and slow compared to IE.

thop said:
Guden Oden said:
Now, if FF could just fix the GUI issues, including graphics rendering speed, rendering errors (particulary in text boxes).
I agree. I want to use Firefox, but it still has way too many flaws. Especially table rendering is horrible and slow compared to IE.

maybe you mean those tables imported from Word?.... :devilish:
by "first class" web developers? :devilish:

thop said:
Guden Oden said:

? Sorry but I have to ask: do you know which 'table rendering' you're talking about actually? I haven't seen any problems with "non-proprietary" formatted pages...

T2k said:

User error? Would you mind explain how "user error" could make the scroll wheel stop responding if flash animations is making the CPU bottom out? No, on second thought, never mind.

I was going to say something rather unpolite about people who open their mouth to speak when they have no idea what they're talking about, but I snipped that. I'll restrain myself to add instead that just because YOU have never experienced a particular issue doesn't mean it does not exist.

So shut up, alright?

Guden Oden said:
T2k said:

User error? Would you mind explain how "user error" could make the scroll wheel stop responding if flash animations is making the CPU bottom out? No, on second thought, never mind.

I was going to say something rather unpolite about people who open their mouth to speak when they have no idea what they're talking about, but I snipped that. I'll restrain myself to add instead that just because YOU have never experienced a particular issue doesn't mean it does not exist.

So shut up, alright?

LOL, now we KNOW it's user error. 8)

It's like your problems with latest games etc. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

After using Firefox for around 8-9 months, I finally switched back to IE. I got fed up of pages not opening correctly, movies not playing, not hearing the sounds that some web sites/forums use, high cpu usage, etc.

micron said:
After using Firefox for around 8-9 months, I finally switched back to IE. I got fed up of pages not opening correctly, movies not playing, not hearing the sounds that some web sites/forums use, high cpu usage, etc.

ya, i guess those pesky standards are real pain in the ass.
when a page wont open in FF, i dont go there. cause FF _DOES_ support standards, unlike "the other" thing you mentioned.

thats why they are called _STANDARDS_ , you know, something that every browser should support, not some shit lazy devs take from ASP or FrontPage and put there and sites dont work in anything other then IE.

if it doesnt work and comply to standards i am not going there. end of story.

i can tell that one web shop of highly popular croatian company thats selling lots of gaming equipment and stuff didnt work in FF, but they got tons of of mail and complaints about lost business and they _MADE_ developers make new site that works just fine in FF.

micron said:

:rolleyes:

I haven't had any problem like that since v1.0 - haven't you used the same version for 8 months now? :D

Back