Dirt has better graphics than GTHD & Forza2?

while in DIRT, the car damage looked ok but nothing as spetacular as motorstorm's. .

Have you crashed your own car? Or seen car crashes? They aren't very spectacular, Motorstorm crashes are very exaggerated and over the top.

we hav to wait till GT5 to really put it into the competition.

GT5 isn't out for atleast another year or two, which doesn't really make it suitable for comparison, GT5: Prelude however..

Forza 2 does not look bad, considering the 60fps and the amount of physic calculations going on in the engine.. plus if some pieces of the car fall on the track they are still there 3 laps later....

Dirt looks good at 30fps... and only 1 car on the screen.

Dirt

DIRT = 30fps
GTHD = 60fps
Forza 2 = 60fps

unfair comparison, but i guess yes

For me: GTHD has more real look like photograph than Dirt and Forza.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/GTK_franz/GTHD/GTHD_SCREEN_16.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/GTK_franz/GTHD/GTHD_SCREEN_20.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/GTK_franz/GTHD/GTHD_SCREEN_09.jpg

Is GTHD 1080P? If GTHD can have real 1080P/60fs (not upscale) then this is very amazing for me.

DIRT looks alrights. The lighting is good though.
But there are few areas that need to be improved:
* Framerate, I don't want to drive at sub-30 fps (that's what it looks like in the videov - low 20?).
* The game is too dark (make it brighter, please ).
* No deformation tracks (I hate it when you drive over a sand road and it leaves nothing behind).

In GT:HD, you have 1080p at 60 fps, a simple calculation gives you 4x amount of on-screen pixels the RSX have to draw than DIRT. However, the car models in GT:HD are still way better than that of in DIRT. DIRT has the environments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited the Oficiall Codemaster Colin mcrae Dirt forum and i went into a thread where a person was asking a developer why the PS3 version was going to be delayed.
The developer answered:

" already said in another thread that the reason for later release of PS3 is not because of porting, just that the parallel development fell behind a little.

when we make games across formats, we always aim for them to be as equivalent as possible. PS3 does some things differently to 360. but we aim to make all versions of the games equally good (whish is VERY good...)":oops: :LOL:

I visited the Oficiall Codemaster Colin mcrae Dirt forum and i went into a thread where a person was asking a developer why the PS3 version was going to be delayed.
The developer answered:

" already said in another thread that the reason for later release of PS3 is not because of porting, just that the parallel development fell behind a little.

when we make games across formats, we always aim for them to be as equivalent as possible. PS3 does some things differently to 360. but we aim to make all versions of the games equally good (whish is VERY good...)":oops: :LOL:

What did he mean by that I wonder. Has anyone else asked any farther questions on it?

You can spare yourself from reading the thread. The only interesting comments are by RFT, obviously, mostly this:

You're wrong and I'm correcting you.

the PS3 version is in development and it's going on nicely - however, the PS3 platfomr is, as we've said in the past, a touch more challenging to program (plus, this is our first PS3 title. that sort of thing inevitably leads to a slightly slower rate of development.)

Yes, I think everyone here has enjoyed these massive volumes of Codemasters' games for 360.

Well, maybe they started working on Overlord before they started working on Dirt - at least Overlord is also scheduled for Summer, where the two other ps3 games are targeted for fall and winter.

...and the physics are OMGSORZBBQ!

They may be OMGSORZBBQ!, but in NO way shape or form are they anything like the way a real car moves. Once again we cop this single pivot point crap.

Though, this kind of makes the game fun to play. Sometimes. Other times its pure frustration. Sooo, it's a little from "yes this is fun" and a little from "but NO it isn't real and doesn't even look real" and it does ends up turning out a fun game, usually. Or did 10 years ago with CMR1.

:???: Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back