New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I _knew_ something like this would come up when I caught a glimpse of her at 1:48 of the first trailer. The question is: What took you so long ? :p

With such expressive characters, the story and its direction seem to be a major part of Heavenly Sword's experiences. Would be interesting to see how seamless they weave the story and the gameplay together. Is that why rumors about extensive use of QTE in Heavenly Sword arise ?

I _knew_ something like this would come up when I caught a glimpse of her at 1:48 of the first trailer.

:LOL:

I was going to mention her in my original impressions post. But I thought to myself "no one's gonna be interested in her..."

With the benefit of hindsight I can see that I was way wide of the mark!

This game is looking fantastic! Deano just a quick question; will the game do upscaling to 1080i for those with 480p/1080i only CRT's? Take care.

I saw the video posted by Mmmkay and wow. There was some amazing footage in there. Also I have confidence they'll fix (or already have fixed) the problems with the shadows. Day 1 purchase for me.

I really hope they add subtitles for other languages, but let you pick the language for spoken dialog. Some games (Resistance I'm looking at you) couldn't get that right. You are forced to have voice and subtitles in the same language as your settings, which is incredibly stupid if you ask me. How could they not even fathom some people might like to hear the original language with subtitles. I mean it's not like they didn't have them. They went to the trouble of creating them, you just couldn't use them. Oh well, I hope you guys put that in, my gf will certainly appreciate it.

I saw the video posted by Mmmkay and wow. There was some amazing footage in there. Also I have confidence they'll fix (or already have fixed) the problems with the shadows. Day 1 purchase for me.

I really hope they add subtitles for other languages, but let you pick the language for spoken dialog. Some games (Resistance I'm looking at you) couldn't get that right. You are forced to have voice and subtitles in the same language as your settings, which is incredibly stupid if you ask me. How could they not even fathom some people might like to hear the original language with subtitles. I mean it's not like they didn't have them. They went to the trouble of creating them, you just couldn't use them. Oh well, I hope you guys put that in, my gf will certainly appreciate it.
Your gf can thank our head of QA then, she's Swedish (I might have got that wrong but Scandinavian anyway) and when we were doing the language stuff, she pointed out that in her home country, movies are often listened to in English with subtitles in the native tongue.
So we allow that (assuming we haven't made a mistake), we have about a half a dozen spoken sets and I think a dozen subtitles sets.

Your gf can thank our head of QA then, she's Swedish (I might have got that wrong but Scandinavian anyway) and when we were doing the language stuff, she pointed out that in her home country, movies are often listened to in English with subtitles in the native tongue.
So we allow that (assuming we haven't made a mistake), we have about a half a dozen spoken sets and I think a dozen subtitles sets.

Awesome, that's absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the prompt reply :D

I wonder if there is going to be a Japanese VO on this game, any idea?

The video shown was very impressive, good job guys.

As for the highlighted enemy when they attack, it's not too bad, but like mentioned it'd be really nice if you could turn it off - or at least for one of the harder modes :D

How about current english voice overs.

Nariko: Eat meat pie ya bahstuhds!!

Enemy1: Oi the lass got a blade wif chains un it.

Enemy2: Gadzuks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back